SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 04:55:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needing help  (Read 3675 times)
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« on: January 06, 2009, 06:45:05 pm »

Hello all, been an avid visitor to this site as I have acquired a generic 7-up ideal 55 slider this summer (rescued it our of a grove) has mech, rack, no cap catcher but is fully functional, though frosts quite badly.  My question is I now have the bug, and am interested in an embossed 7-up 55, that doesn't have the rack, mech or cap catcher and am curious on what I should offer? $200 reasonable? Looks to be in solid condition.  Any help is appreciated.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:37 pm »

It sounds like you have all of the parts needed on your generic slider, minus the cap catcher, to make the embossed machine complete.

Soda machines aren't selling that quickly now, I bet you can get the seller down on his price by just being patient. I know that I wouldn't be interested in it because I don't have the many needed parts to make it right, and I know how to find and fix these machines. The average home owner doesn't know how to work on these little gems and will bypass a machine like this, thus limiting the number of potential buyers this machine and giving you an advantage.

I would give fifty dollars, but I think $100.00 would be fair.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 07:51:43 pm »

Welcome to the site!
       The whole machine will be easier to paint than that embossed logo. Many have
turned up with bad paint and nice logo's but then shipping becomes an issue.
Your machine is frosting up so it needs his thermostat. Like R.C. said, offer him $50.00
for the complete machine and I'm sure you will be only bidder. Practice painting that
logo.......... what do you have to lose?

Glen
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:16:41 pm »

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the help... my father-in-law works on heating and cooling units for businesses so I have been trying to rack his brain on help with my generic unit and have been reading and reading as much info on these machines as possible. thank you again for the help.. Shipping on the embossed machine won't be an issue as my father lives close and could pick it up.. I will offer the guy $50 and go from there. Thanks again.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 11:22:29 pm »

Keep us posted, and welcome to the boards.
Even at $100 an embossed machine is just way cooler than a generic slider, and the missing parts aren't that difficult to locate.,
Good luck on the hunt

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 11:59:58 pm »

Good luck on that machine, I know the seller and doubt he will budge much on asking price..

you must be in the Minneapolis area? if so... drop me a line,,, I'm only 2 hours from the Cities.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 12:44:55 am »

Welcome to SMC! You picked a great machine to start with. The sliders are great looking but very simple machines and probably the easiest to restore. As Glen said the embossing on a 7up machine is hard to paint. I myself don't mind the generic machines. If I were you since you already have a nice solid machine I would stick with what you have. Why junk a good working machine. paint your machine and buy vinyl logo for yours. You can even get a little creative and put the "You like it - It likes you" logo on the front. It would like really nice. Just my two cents. Either way I hope you stick around. Keep us posted as your restoration goes along. We will all be ready to help if you need anything. 
7-upslider
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 02:44:41 pm »

Thanks for the info guys,  ended up passing on the first embossed 7-up machine, but received a call from the gentlemen a couple days ago saying he had another 7-up embossed and would let it go a little cheaper!!! Going to pull the trigger... Signguy, i'm not in the Twin Cities area, in SD and my father lives just 3 hours south and west of the Cities, but travels there quite a bit for family.  Thanks again for the help guys can't wait to get my hands dirty and learn more about these machines..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: