SMC Discussion Areas
June 23, 2024, 02:46:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Museum  (Read 3017 times)
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« on: October 02, 2008, 01:59:18 pm »

I have been a collector of Coca-Cola and other soda pop memorabilia since 1975.
When I can I try to go to the Septemberfest collectors convention in Elizabethtown, KY.
One of the perks of going is free admission to the Schmidt Museum of Coca-Cola.
It is the largest privately owned collection. Besides a fantastic collection of thousands
of pieces of Coke stuff, there is of course some beautiful machines. Did you know that there was a machine that dispensed 6 packs of cans? I didn't. The Vendo Decapper is HUGE! And they have 2 on display. One had the door removed. The description sayd it took SEVENTEEN steps to open a bottle of Coke, pour it into a cup and serve it!! NO WONDER there wasn't many made! The collection starts with some of the earliest ice coolers up to the 6 pack dispenser mentioned. There is also about 4-5 delivery vehicles displayed, a complete collection of calendars and trays, LOTS of bottles and enough to keep you entertained for several hours.
The museum is about 45 mins. south of Louisville, KY off I-65. I'm sure you could Google for directions.
I just wanted to let you know of a place that features Coke machines and open to the public. Sorry if this sounds like some shameless plug. Not meant to be.
Terry
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 04:22:34 pm »

I called them up a year ago to see if they would have a manual for a Mills 400c automatic fountain ( that's the fancy name), and they were in the process of moving things around, so I never heard from them.  down  I was suppose to call back, maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Would you happen to have any info on the Mills 400 soda machine?

They have the decapper and from what they mentioned, quite a Coke machine collection, and yes, they had a Mills 400c.

Next time I visit my folks in Tennessee, I'll check it out.  I believe that Jim Beam or Makers is near that area too.

Usually, I'll stop in Bowling Green and check out the Corvette museum. 

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:03 pm »

Yep , Larry

Jim Beam is Closer then Maker's Mark to the Museum .I'm In them ALL  drinking the Time .I know a LOT of old timers in Beam That new Schmidt Family . Makers Mark Dist is In Loritta abought 30-35 miles from Jim Beam .But Heaven Hills Dist is abought 10-14 miles from Bean .And is the ONLY Family owened Dist left & Oldest That's Like My Second Home .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:48:50 pm »

I've been to Lynchburg more times than I have fingers and toes.  The folks live twenty miles from JD.  I think it's time to visit Kentucky!!   Oo upside oops

It's funny, you got Jack and Dickel within ten miles of one and another and Kentucky seems to also have a distillery row.  I think it's time to go on a road trip, one distillery at a time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:51:29 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:01 am »

Yep. Larry
               Since the machines (High Speed Lablers ) I work on are in allmost in every plant in Kentucky . In Abought a 30-40 mile radius of Heven Hills Distillery (Bardstown)there are  .Jim Beam (Clairmont ) -Barton Brands(Bardstown & Owensburg-) Makers Marks (Loretta ) -Lobott & Gramm (Versails)  Buffalo Trace Dist (FrankFurt ) Wild Turkey (Only Distillery NO production ) And I beleive a couple really little ones .Also I beleive There is also Four Roses Distillery . Please Note I Know there are Miss spelling in here  blush.

But Larry most of the Distillery have Vistors Centers With Some tybe of Taste testing  drinking.

There is a map I think on Line Called the Bourbon trail of Kentucky . That Why Jack & Dickel ARE NOT in Kentucky ! Because There  Whiskey . And the Distllers in Kentucky Make Bourbon Whiskeys which by Federal Law has to be made in Kentucky

Leonard
P.S. Larry there should be a Package arriving today  smile

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:21:07 am »

Leonard,

Interesting fact on Kentucky and the Bouban trail.  Seven distillaries.  I wonder if the wife and kids would want to go?? http://www.kybourbontrail.com/#map

Gee the only thing Jack Daniels gives is lemonade.  Dry county's suck!

I went to the Schmidt Museum site and it hasn't changed since the last time I looked at it a year ago.  It would be nice to have a link that shows some, or all, of their machines.

Here's their link.  Nice fountain!!
http://www.schmidtmuseum.com/main.asp

Here's a picture from the Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum.  It shows the first bottleing plant for Coke.  No FDA or Osha back then.

Looking forward to the package.  THANKS!!!

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:01:18 pm »

Larry ,
            I KNOW Heaven Hills Has taste testing (A shot ) of there Single Barrel Buorbon"s (2) And Maybe Beam ? Makers Mark NONE , Four Roses ?

I'm in Heaven Hills & Makers every other Month . Gota keep my Free Buorbon flow going  smile

Leonard 

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: