SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 07:12:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My non pop finds of the week  (Read 2973 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« on: September 07, 2008, 02:00:10 pm »

Not a soda machine yet, but  with a Coca Cola globe, and a CO2 tank installed, it has potential...

It's a Tokheim 36B, very Art Dec style,  and an older restoration crying to be redone. The body is straight and  not rusted, the ad glass on top and the Union 76 theme will be replaced.

In the same deal also grabbed a 1950's Wooden Phone Booth  and a Revere Gas station flood light ( no pics yet, and not sure what I am going to do with the light, may need to buy an old gas station  biggrin).

I blame my Vendo 39 for  making me  branch out and find  other cool stuff.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:03:26 pm »

Nice very nice.... A house is not complete without its own Gas Pump (or two)

GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:06:32 pm »

Very nice gas pump!  I love the look of that one.  Sounds like you had a good weekend.  And great idea to blame the Vendo 39 for getting all the other stuff...might have to try that approach!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 02:39:51 pm »

Cool pump. Where'd/how'd you get 'em?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

And a metal globe holder sweet!... check the guys out at oldgas.com and cheesepitstop.com
for anything you need as far as globes and decals.... there are some great vintage
repro globes out there you can get that back to orignal deco days! Sweet pump!
And yeah those 39s are good for that... crazy mind controling machine...
Hang in there! smile

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:52:19 pm »

I guess it pays to  be nice to sellers. I  bought a Technon Pepsi clock from Craigslist last winter,  got to chatting  with the seller on  collecting and restoring and stuff we had as well as stuff we wanted.  I got a call from him a few weeks later,  he got a better clock body   from a friend and asked if I wanted it for my clock.  So of course I was right over there with the cash.
Well two weeks  he put  up  cast a  iron penny scale, and though I have enough  things waiting to get finished, I was back over there and we got to talking  again. ( I wish it was a lollipop! no such luck) At the time he told me  he needed to sell some of his projects,  to reduce clutter, and to  raise some capital to complete  the restoration of an Air Stream trailer. Electrician jobs are  non existent  these days in Michigan, so he  is finishing the trailer to use as a place to stay if/when he  takes a job out of state.

Last Sunday, I received an email  offering the pump, and the phone booth as a package deal.  I searched Oldgas and  Big Cheese's  site,  found out the Tokheim was desirable and jumped on the offer.  he passed on a couple  of offers because he told me the  would be buyers were to "oily" ( no pun intended)

I stopped after work one day this week to pay him, and not only  is he holding the phone booth for as long as I need to  find some room,  he handed me a  Revere Gas station flood light for being  a person he considers a good friend/  - the socket  arm ( i am sure there is a correct term for it) has already been  stripped of rust, and already rewired and a new porcelain socket addded. The shade needs  cleaning ( porcelain) but I can imagine it  over the garage doors of an old Sinclair station.  (If anyone is interested, I'll try to   snap some  pics)

I'm trying  not to get to attached,  I've already got a Bennett 766, and ceilings  aren't high enough ( the  Tolkeim with the Globe is 7 foot) And I already have a phone booth, so I will keep one, and sell the other, hopefully the sales will jump start the fun fund.

We've mentioned it many times before here, let people know you are a collector,  treat them the way  you want to be treated, and sometimes good things come your way.

Wow, sorry for the long winded post.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 04:00:36 pm by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 07:47:09 pm »

Nice finds. I picked up a Tokiem like that a few years ago but it was the clockface version. I found it a 1/4 mile from my house laying in the weeds when I went there to by something else. I got the pump for a hundred bucks and sold it a couple of days later for 1200.00.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:48 pm »

I like that pump...... and would not rush to restore it,  with the exception
of replacing those upper glass pieces like you suggested.
      And Terry.........you're a crook   biggrin  LOL

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: