SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 08:26:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 6 case  (Read 2617 times)
europorsche914

« on: July 12, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

Hey been searchin for a machine for a while and found a 1956 vendo 6 case on craigslist for $375. I drove 2.5 hours to see it and found that it was complete except that it did have some rot on the lower pan and wood. The owner told me he had never plugged it in before but would for me. Within 5 minutes there was frost on the coils inside The door light also works. I offered him $260 and it was mine. Now I will rewire and reinsulate. I ordered a wire kit from sodajerkworks and it stated that I will need to purchase compressor leads at the hardware store, is this a kit for older appliances or am i suppose to purchase wire and connectors and make my own leads?
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:03:23 am »

Excellent purchse.
I rewired my Vendo 110 using wire purchased from the Hardware store. I used a really nice black 3 prong replacement cord for the main wire and bought a second replacement cord which I cut apart to wire the compressor. I liked the wire better then the rolled wire, easier to work with. The only issue I had was with the little junction box. Dry rot made it hard to work with. But I eventually got it all together and working. And yes, I had to buy the clips to attach to the end of the wires. Really easy stuff, remove and replace one wire at a time and you will be done in no time.

good luck
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 10:11:39 am »

Congrats on your purchase!
It's always nice to acquire something that you don't have to hunt down parts or get operational, especially for your first machine!

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:12:34 am »

I have a spare lower main door panel if yours needs replacing.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: