SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 05:45:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New H63A, sticker questions, etc.  (Read 3314 times)
ethomps
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:42:23 pm »

Ok,
I just picked up my first machine today for $75. (I'm a complete newb to these things, but always wanted one)

First thing I did was to remove the woodgrain vinyl sticker from the door.

It is painted red underneath and I found a few interesting things (at least to me)

There is old sticker residue in the middle top of the machine that says

"Enjoy a Fresh New Taste
Orange Crush"

Was Orange Crush a coke product?  Would this have been the original sticker that was on the machine?

Also, there is old sticker reisidue under the bottle cap opener that says
"5c Deposit Required On All Bottles Taken From Premises
Thanks"

Is this another original sticker that would have been on the machine originally?

Also, it is missing the amount sticker on the front, believe it should say "10c"

Can reproductions of these stickers be purchased somewhere?  My dad and I are going to do an amateur restore on the machine as a father/son project and put it in my basement bar.

Thanks everyone, I'll have lots more questions as we get going.

Eric
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 10:10:02 pm »

Hey Eric... nice machine... I love the 63's.. not sure about the Orange Crush, but the front door colors I don't believe is original..Thats a good price, especially if it cools..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
ethomps
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:14:37 pm »

Thanks for the reply.
Is seems complete, and cools bottles ice cold.

What color should it be?   How would I find out the original color scheme, etc so I can restore to original.

Eric
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:54:23 am »

Orange Crush was never a Coke Product, Fanta is Coke's  'fruity'  line of sodas, well at least in the 60's and 70's ( and no, I didn't forget Sprite )

The price sticker is available from any of  the  vendors  whose advertise here, and the deposit sticker was most like ly an add on, depending on the store/shop  the machine  was  located at. I haven't seen this one dor sale, but it wouldn't be difficult to   reproduce on  computer.
As for the color scheme, search the photo galleries here, and of course Google is your friend for  other pictures.
You have a nice machine, and   making it a project with your Dad will  makes it that much more  satisying when it's complete.

Oh yeah, be warned, this is an addiciting hobby.  biggrin

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:48:00 pm »

The sign on your machine is not original either. It is a later addition when they changed from Drink to Enjoy. This is probably when they added the woodgrain sticker. This is what you model Vendo 63 looked like from the factory.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 06:57:20 am »

The original sign looks so much better ... In my humble opinion...

A bit of paint and a scrub up and you'll have yourself a very nice machine for next to nothing...

Didn't someone here do an orange crush 63... ?

Dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: