SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 06:24:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A questions  (Read 3936 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:08:08 pm »

Ok I've got a question for all my fellow member here .

Have any of you ever gone through the paper or Craig's list
and found a machine stating all restored  Coco cola machine or Pepsi or what ever and called or stoped out to look at it , And then you recognize it from the site ,and it had belonged to a different member who sold it to this person , And now this person wants to sell it to you.

And if so what have you done? 
 smile

Just wondering  that all
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:38:19 pm »

Um no.      tounge

Assuming I was actually interested in buying the  machine,   and since I  responded to an ad I  prolly was/are, I'd buy it.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:36:46 pm »

I personally wouldn't see any problem with that, other than the fact that you could likely have gotten a better deal buying from the person on this board originally rather than through the "middle man" who is going to try to make money on their investment as well.  At least the machine can be assumed to be going to a good home once you get it.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:59:31 pm »

Did this happen to you?  It sounds like the old....I have a friend who......

I agree the middle man scenario would make it more costly and I always wonder about anyone who flipping a machine that fast.  It makes you wonder if anything is wrong.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:56:10 am by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:05 pm »

Nope !  It has not happen to me, just thought about it a little bit last night & today that
all.  There will be a time some time in the future this could happen  I was wondering if it has happen to anybody yet that all. smile
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 11:48:42 am »

I sold 4 Vendo 23's to Josh. When he sold them it didn't bother me a bit!

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:07:49 pm »

I remember that. I wish I wouldn't have sold them though. I had to because of moving  veryangry 
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30:51 am »

It's happened to me, once..I had a really nice Rare Cardboard Coke sign in frame, the big 56" ones.. I only had 600 into it.. I guy offered me 1200 for it and i jumped on it.. doubled my money!,,, then the following week it showed up on ebay and sold for 2,000...  but I can't get mad about it, as I made money, he made money and hey.. .it's free enterprise... it's what keeps the world going round.. I obviuosly wished I would have put in on ebay, but shame on me for not... so no big deal.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 06:54:54 pm »

I buy stuff all of the time with the intent of selling it in a few years. Problem is, most times I prefer to just keep the item rather then sell.

If someone is willing to put up the cash to buy out someone when that person grows board of the hobby, or just has to liquidate for some reason, you can't blame them for selling off pieces they have no use for. And you have to expect for them to try and make a dollar so as to help subsidise their hobby expenses.

We just have to beware of this and watch out for those who are willing to sacrefice friendship for the sake of a dollar. I have friends who collect and as a rule, I don't negociate prices with them. If they have an item for sale and it is priced right, I buy it, if it isn't a good deal. I pass. And if I buy something to resale later, I let them know.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 05:17:06 pm »

I sold 4 Vendo 23's to Josh. When he sold them it didn't bother me a bit!
I remember that. I wish I wouldn't have sold them though. I had to because of moving  veryangry 

Actually, Josh sold two of those 23s to me.  The cooling systems were toast, so I wound up parting them both out and made some money!

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up