SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 01:17:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quikold Standard Pepsi??  (Read 4868 times)
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« on: April 15, 2008, 09:50:44 am »

Hey all (Eric)...saw this pair on Craigslist today.  Is that Pepsi a Quikold Standard?  The owner says it's a double-dot.  He is offering them as a pair for $1600 OBO to restore or "make into couches"!  Cooling systems removed from both (?).  Just looking out for my fellow SMC members!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:59:44 pm by GreginTex » Logged

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 10:13:40 am »

Looks like a Quikold 1400 minus the compressor. Not a bad cooler! Price is high for two machines that need that much work.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 01:41:27 pm »

I was definitely thinking the price was way too high, but the OBO indicates some wiggle room.  I wasn't sure on the Quikold version, as I have yet to see one in person of any variety.  I will someday remedy that situation!  I like the embossing on that Pepsi (I already have that WD-10).

I compared the picture with the Quikold Standard, Quikold 1400 and Quikold 1400-WD2 and it sure looks like the Standard with the chrome bands, hinged lids and opener appearance.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:00:37 pm by GreginTex » Logged

Greg

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 04:40:18 pm »

The Pepsi Cooler isn't a QuickCold, It's a GE (GeneralElectric) wet chest cooler, note the embossed Pepsi caps on the lids. all of the lettering, ( "hits the spot" ) Pepsi logos, etc. & all four sides are embossed! just an FYI. also note the General Electric name badge on the front side of the cooler up towards the upper edge, dead-center just below teh parting-line of the lids, (also note the missing cap/crown catcher)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:45:21 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:45:28 pm »

Ahhh...thanks Johnnie!  Like I said, I didn't know and figured someone here would recognize it!  Sure is some great embossing.  Too bad it isn't complete!

Greg

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 05:28:19 pm »

On the bright side, it's a lot lighter without the old belt-driver mechanical compressor deck in it (95lbs).  The thing to watchout for on this chest cooler is that fact that the liner (inner tank) is just galvanized steel on the majority I've seen, & they all tend to rust-out inside the circulation return channel that runs along the center line (length-wise) & is covered by an upside-down "U" shaped cover, the seams are soldered for water-tighness, but the metal's so thin that it lends itself to pinholes, The cap-catcher is unique to this machine, & I forgot to mention that it's missing it's lower-front panel that conceals the compressor from view & the rear compressor area guard cover. (keeps little & big fingers out of the open running belt & pully area, which also houses the empties case holding area) On the one I restored for a local guy, I had the liner repro'd in stainless, (much nicer!) but that set him back $350.00 & the fabrication of his missing front & back panels ran him another $250.00 (as I recall)

So if you buy one, I have the patterns to repro the panels & liners. PS make sure the lids aren't rusted out around the Pepsi cap(s) embossing & get to know a pin-striper / sign painter very well for a deep discount on lettering this chest! (Caa-Ching!)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: