SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 05:53:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clear glass Pop Bottles?? Cant find a source for them  (Read 7131 times)
TechnoHat

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 11:23:24 am »

I think I'll have more fun putting down a few cases of New Castle to get the bottles? biggrin

Also, Technohat, what was that soda that you gave me a 6 pack of when we met a few months ago?  that was good, thank you, but can't remember where those twist offs or pop off?
Those bottles would be good too? maybe I could get a few cases of those???

Those would be Fletcher Street Soda

http://www.fletcherstreetbrewing.com/ourproducts/flavorfulsodas.html

The root beer and diet root beer come in regular brown beer bottles which are pop off. The rest come in clear bottles that are twist off.  However, the last case of grape I bought came in the brown bottles. I'm not sure if they just temporarily ran out of the clear bottles or if this is a permanent switch.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 09:20:59 pm »

Sign Guy,

Glad I could offer up a good option.  Newcastle is the only beer that comes in clear bottles that I like--a close second to Bass Ale or Guiness Stout depending on my mood.

Bubba,

I have been home-brewing on and off for about 14 years now.  I haven't brewed since about this time last year due to time constraints but it is a fun hobby and it is not that difficult to make a batch of really good beer.  The most important ingredient is bleach--everything must be kept very clean or you end up with skunky beer.

I am glad the tip was helpful to the group because I will be asking a lot of questions after tomorrow when I pick up my first soda machine.  It is a Cavalier USS-8-64 that is in like-new condition.  But someday, I want one of the older round top machines.  My wife's family were Coca Cola bottlers for four generations and her grandfather put a lot of Coke machines in gas stations around Southeast Michigan!  This should be a good starter machine and it can vend bottles and cans so I might even put a little home-brew in there to test it out!

Thanks guys!

Tim
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:50:26 pm »

Thanks for the info Tim... Skunk beer has been one of the things I've noticed in home brew. I've done the beer in a bag, but thats it so far. I want to get into it, but haven't had too many good home brews... When you get a chance, can you write up some tips, suggestions, equipment, recipes, whatever... I love beer, and want to get into making my own.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:55:17 am »

Sign Guy,

Glad I could offer up a good option.  Newcastle is the only beer that comes in clear bottles that I like--a close second to Bass Ale or Guiness Stout depending on my mood.

Thanks for the great Tip, We managed to knock off a 12 pack of New Castles last night, so now I have something to work with today.... I'm cleaning them today and should be bottling by tomorrow.
Thanks again!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 12:11:12 am »

Signguy--how did the Newcastle bottles work out?

Just curious.  Are you making your own soda or are you just re-bottling soda in the glass bottles for your machine?

Thanks!

Tim
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:29 am »

The Bottles worked out great!... then I got to thinking... duh.. I have over 100 cases of the old 6 oz green Coke bottles... so  I went and ran a case of those through the cleaning process and decided to bottle some pop (just orange and grape) for the kids.. .plus I liked the smaller portions rather than a whole 12 oz size...
So long story short... I did use the New Castle bottles and will reuse them for the adults but the small cokes , worked jsut fine as well for the kids, as they don't really care what color the bottle is anyway... and they obviously vend well out of all my machines.
Thanks!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 10:04:38 am »

Glen,
Looking at those bottles brings back memories of my dads auto body shop.
There were always a few stacks like that around.
Miss him and the body shop.  down

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: