SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:34:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Acceptor Panel  (Read 3139 times)
SGM
5 Cent Member

« on: December 08, 2007, 10:06:18 am »

I have a CSS 12-96J machine.  I've attached a pic of the coin acceptor panel.  Can anyone tell me what the original decals were on this machine?  Looks like 2 decals missing to the right of the coin slot and possibly 1 from above the correct change light indicator. 

Additionally, the panel is some type of alloy, any possibility that it was maybe painted this black color and is suppose to be chrone?  Just doesn't look correct being black, especially with the wording along the bottom.

Still waiting for 2 manuals in the mail, hopefully when I get them I can stop asking silly questions, thanks for everyone's patience.

Thank you,
SGM
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:37:55 am by SGM » Logged

Randy

CSS 12-96J
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:31:43 am »

Not sure what the original color was... I've seen them black, Gold and Redone in chrome which looks nice as well.

Someone else will know more on this...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 07:16:26 pm »

It is aluminum and it is anodized black. They were originally black. I usually strip the bleack off and polish the aluminum and clear over the top. Some early G models were polished and some were brushed. I don't like the black either.
SGM
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 12:41:24 am »

loman4ec,

How do I go about stripping the panel?

Thanks,
SGM

Randy

CSS 12-96J
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:57:54 pm »

I had a great polishing guy. I always took it to him. He soaked it in some solvent that removed the anodizing. He then polished it to look like chrome and I cleared over the top. When you clear it you have to spray several light rough coated first. Almost a mist then spray it thick so the paint has something to stick to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: