SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:57:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cups for vending machine  (Read 3400 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:02 pm »

Does anyone know where to pick up cups for the old Coke vending machines?  I measured the cup in my machine and the top diameter is 2 3/4" , the bottom diameter is 1 3/4" , and the over all height is 3 3/4" .  I believe that these cups were standard 8 0z. cups, which were filled to 6 oz. portions.  The cups that are in the machine are marked on the bottom rim. It reads "Lily"  "M-3663"  and the number "77" is also on the cup.  I tried getting in touch with Lily but they were bought out by Solo and all I received was a run around.  I figured that someone out in Soda-land has run into this problem before.  Any input or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry.

A lot of stuff.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 01:00:25 pm »

I have a few wax coated Coke cups from the 60's, "Enjoy
Coca Cola Classic". 2 7/8" top diameter & same height as yours.
     Bottom reads Sweetheart, Chigaco Ill. USA   R9 06654 B

Glen
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 01:16:28 pm »

Vistar (formerly VSA) is a national vending machine supply company they should be able to help you. Sorry I do not have a phone number. Otherwise look in your phonebook for a vending machine supplier.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:08:49 am »

Also check restraunt supply companies.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 06:58:22 pm »

Make sure if you go to a restaruant supply place that you inform them that you are planning on using them in a vending machine. Most vending machines use cups that have a special coating on them that helps them drop from the seperator.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 10:19:58 am »

Thanks for the information and tips.  I will look into it.

I called Vestar and various vending companies, in the Chicago area, and they couldn't help me.

I decided to go to the source and contacted Solo, Lily, and Sweetheart.  By the way they are all the same company now.  I talked to a gentlemen for quite some time and I gave him my Lily cup number and Moon Dawgs Sweetheart cup number and he couldn't match them.

He did find some Coke cups that were 7.5 and 8 ounce, but he doesn't have the dimensions of the cups.  So it wouldn't make any sense to purchase a large batch of cups, which you couldn't do anyway, because they only sell to distributers. 

I did get some distributers numbers and the largest one was US Food Service.  I called them and only got the run around.  I gave them Solos cup numbers for the 7.5 and 8 ounce Coke cups and they couldn't find them.  I even gave them their number for a Solos 8 ounce generic cup and they told me they couldn't get the dimensions and that I should contact Solo.  I guess they don't want to be bothered.

I checked my dimensions to get a more accurate measurement and I found that the cup is 3 3/16 " high.  With a top diameter of 2 3/4 " and a bottom diameter of 1 13/16 ".  The dispensing tubes diameter is 2 13/16 ".  Not much slop in there.  And yes it is an 8 ounce cup.

I checked an eight ounce Dixie cup, and found that their cups are shorter and wider.  Dixie cups are to thin, but I thought that it would be interesting to see what ther 8 ounce measured up to. 

Here is a picture of my generic cup.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:28:10 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: