SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:09:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not For Sale  (Read 2701 times)
old times
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:36:09 am »

My wife and I decided to take a drive last Sunday, so we loaded up the two kids in the family truckster and off we went.  This was also great because it would give me a chance to check out the antique stores for any coke machines hopefull.  Although the wife was not privy to this part.  

Along the way I spot my first store and stop.  She asks why are we stopping at an antique store and I then let her in on my secret.  She's a good sport and smiles while wishing me good luck.

Outside there is a pickup truck and a very cool gas pump.  I go inside and ask about the pump.  The guy says it is not for sale and that the owner of the store could not possibly part with it.  I then ask about any coke machines and he said, "like the one behind you"? I turn around and said "yep"!  He again says it's not for sale.  I'm now begining to get discouraged.  I then see an old gumball machine on the wall and as a last ditch effort inquire about it.  Again not for sale.  I then ask without too much sarcasm is anything for sale.  The guy said that "most everything" is for sale except the owner's personal toys that were mixed in with "everything else".  Oh well.  The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful.

Is it me or has someone else run into this non selling of cool stuff, that you gotta have?

Steve

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:33 am »

I've Run into that a few times, but usually anything Like Gas Pumps or Coke Machines are WAY OVERPRICED at Antique malls anyways... I remember seeing a Vendo 39 at an antique mall over 15 years ago and they had something like $3000 on it and I was thinking I'll never be able to get one if they are that much.!!!
Still fun to look though!
Goods luck on the hunt!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:00:10 pm »

Steve,

Antique stores do sometimes have some nice pieces but remember, they're looking to make a profit. And unfortunately, they think ANYTHING with Coke or Coca-Cola on it is valuable!
Some of these store proprietors are reasonable, but most I would say are over priced.
You have to stop in though...

My six cents,

Jim

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 03:50:15 pm »

I've Run into that a few times, but usually anything Like Gas Pumps or Coke Machines are WAY OVERPRICED at Antique malls anyways.

I stopped at an antique store last week in Houghton Lake, MI.  It was a pretty cool place (my wife even said so!).  They had a V90, a Stoner, a popcorn machine (just vends, doesn't pop), a large peanut machine (kind of like the popcorn machine), a cigarette machine, and a candy machine.  The prices were a little high, but not as much as other antique stores.  I think the V90 was around $700-800 - over priced, but not as bad as other places I have seen.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:14:31 pm »

just curious as what they had the stoner $ at

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 07:00:48 pm »

Sorry, I can't remember the prices, and I don't even want to try and guess!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: