SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 10:05:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi & Dr. Pepper???  (Read 2335 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: October 11, 2011, 07:02:12 pm »

Here's an unusual one.  If I am not mistaken, isn't Dr. Pepper a part of the Coca Cola Company?  If that's the case, why would there be a machine that had both products in it?  This looks to be a sign that has been manufactured and not just homemade.  Would a vendor do such a thing???  Weird nonetheless.

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/app/2644665877.html

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »

I find Dr. Pepper is always served where they have Pepsi products. When we go somewhere and order "Coke", and they say "Is Pepsi ok?"  I often opt for Dr. Pepper.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:08:41 pm »

Dr Pepper  is indepndent of Pepsi and Coke. I believe they were owned by Schweppes at one time, but now under the Dr Pepper/ 7up  group.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:56:32 am by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:10 pm »

Would a vendor do such a thing??? 

Unfortunately it used to happen all the time. Coke machines come in with Pepsi signs over the embossed letters and Pepsi machines with Coke signs on them. Many times the letters get hammered flat or ground off and covered with bondo  darn

Glen
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »

Just read the "Wikipedia" explanation of Dr Pepper.  Pretty interesting.  I guess Snapple and DP are the same company now.  Coke tried to buy DP a while back but was stopped by the FTC.  Bottomline, DP is a standalone company, as you guys mentioned.  I learned something today!!!  I had always thought they were a part of the Coke Co.  Interesting!  Thanks.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 09:01:03 am »

It does depend where you are located.  I live in SC.  In Columbia, Pepsi distributes Dr.Pepper.  In Greenville, Coke distributes it.  Dr.Pepper has regional deals with both companies. 

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: