SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 02:39:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embossed logo problem  (Read 2708 times)
kahonwes
« on: August 16, 2006, 11:52:55 pm »

I still have a tiny dilema with my 44 machine and its the darn giant square painted logo thats in french and English on both sides of the machine.  I want to keep the logo on the machine but not sure if I want to sticker it, or spend my life trying to find someone to repaint it on the machine.

I'm thinking if there is someone who resto's machine who can do it I'll send the tub to them just for paint and the logo to be put back on.  

I am though going to have a few vinyl stickers made just for the heck of it anyway.  And my other option which I'm thinking of doing is painting only the bottom of the machine for now till I can find someone who is proficient in doing the logo for me.

I called every car body shop I Know of and there all like um vinyl sticker it... I dont like stickers lol

k - have good one
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:48 am »

Really the only way to go is to do it in vinyl. I would not advise painting only half the machine. It is almost impossible to get it correct with the amount of body work involved. What I do is paint the base coats and then apply the vinyl then spray the clear. You can barly tell that it is vinyl. The origional logo's were not just painted on by hand they were screned on. It would be really hard if not impossible to do it the origional way.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 02:10:36 am »

Josh - Just so I have this right. The stickers (decals) should go on prior to the clear coat??
The reason I ask is my V-56 is at the paint shop at the mo and I was going to apply the decals afterwards.

Thanks

Dave
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:19:57 am »

Have the applied before the clear and it almost makes them feel slightly embossed and of course won't have the problem of someone picking at them to see if they are stickers and or something rubbing up against it and scraping them off.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:02:02 am »

Here is what a very good if not the best painter I have seen do. He gets the original logo either traces it, scans it, takes pics etc. Gets contact paper found at your paint supplier, NOT vinyl, vinyl is very sticky and can actually pull fresh paint off the surface. Takes the logo to a vinyl sign shop with the paper. The sign shop maker makes the logo perfect, and uses the vinyl cutter to cut the logo onto your contact paper. TADA! a correct stencil for your machine. He usually gets 3-4 more made for just in case instances. Once the machine is in its first coat of clear he applies the stencil, sprays the white, and lets dry. Lastly the stencil is carefully removed and the last coat of clear is applied. Hopefully this makes sense, it works and works very well.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 08:17:06 pm »

Hopefully what I wrote above makes sense??

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: [1]   Go Up