SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:40:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey davethebirdman  (Read 1937 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: August 10, 2006, 08:24:27 am »

Whats the feelings from your side of the pond??

Terrorists were in the final stages of planning to blow up planes heading from the United Kingdom to the United States, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2006....stories

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
kahonwes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 09:04:29 am »

I think they need to buy an old Vendolator Machine and restore it, never mind blowing up planes....  people are sick..

k - laters
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:19:28 pm »

I missed most of this today. I was in Central London attending a conference on "Scamming." We knew something was going on because the chair of the conference rushed off along with some other very senior officers.

Have watched a bit of news since and it would appear that a plot to blow up up to ten planes has been thwarted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they find something. A few months ago Police raided a house in East London 9not far from my old family home) and literally tore it to bits looking for a chemical bomb. They found nothing and there was hugely bad press around it.

MI5 (our Secret Service) have now been given the lead on Terrorism. Unfortunately they don't work to the same evidentual laws as the Police. So, with a bit of luck, with 21 arrests made and more promised we might ave caught a couple of cells.

All short haul flights have been cancelled and at one time no planes were coming in or going out of Heathrow.

Other transport seems unaffected, thankfully. I travelled home from Central London without any problems. Increased Police Presence but that's all. This won't do much for a already floundering tourist industry.

I catch exactly the same train as the one the terrorists blew up last year, every day. There is no way they are going to stop me doing my thing.

I have two very young kids. What sort of world are they going to live in. I remember growing up worried that the Russians were going to launch a bomb any minute. The IRA were bombing the life out of London but for the most part they gave some sort of a warning. But this is so much more real and dangerous. I just listened to Doubya on the TV. He reckons we are safer now than before 9-11. Can't see it myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: