SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:34:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 + hand carriers  (Read 2986 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: August 09, 2006, 06:07:53 pm »

I recently put an ad in a few papers to find small bottle coke machines.  I had a guy call 50 miles away who wasn't really excited about selling his collection, but was testing the water. He says he has a coke vendo 81 complete/original. Says it is in as good of shape as possible and complete and original. He also has several parts for 81's he was given. And he has 2 or 3 of the small hand carriers or picnic chests that are coke and are in good shape. He says one of them is narrow because they used it on airplanes???  I am going to have to save some $$$ but he mentioned he would like to sell as a package.  He was offered $1000 for the machine at one time.  He is retired and says he is in no hurry to sell.  What do you think the package is worth???

Bob
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:29:47 pm »

Can he send you a picture or two? It may be worth a trip up there with 15 hundred dollar bills, cash talks :-). Depends on the model and condition of the 81. Extra parts like a coin mech/slug rejector are nice, coin/cap catchers very common.

There is such a item as an airline cooler. Rusted and dented aren't worth much. Think nice ones will get $275 on eBay. Need more info.
Creighton
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 07:44:44 pm »

I agree $1,500 would be a good price for a A, B or D all the extras would be pretty much be free!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 11:22:36 pm »

Oh yeah $1500 would be great and you could sell the rest and make some of that back.
Depending on parts bezels ($100), coin doors ($100-150) may even be kinda low there... just
trying to remebr what stuff brought on eBay...
the coin mech (Joey or Josh would know what those could bring)
The Airline and the little 6 pack cooler, even a low boy model could bring around $200 each.
You need the machine handbook by Jeff Walters... several models, several brands with pricing
Someone here I bet sell those .... a handy little book to have.
Good Luck

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 02:53:33 pm »

1500 for an complete working 81... where do I sign up!.... Info is correct on the picnic coolers... 150 - 200 each on ebay if in good shape... parts... others I'm sure know more than me.

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: