SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:13:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for places to hit while traveling  (Read 2116 times)
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« on: June 26, 2006, 07:38:33 pm »

Hey all,
My wife, son, and I are traveling this summer and I'm always keeping an eye out for soda stuff. If any of you know of any spots/shops along or not far off of my route, please speak up.  We will be traveling form Northern Virginia down I -95 south through Fredericksburg and Richmond into North Carolina, head east to New Bern, NC then down along the coast on 17 to Wilmington, NC. After that, back west to Southern Pines, NC up to Raleigh, NC then back over to I-95 north and back home to Virginia. I know you all know of some places. I promise not to buy all, just like to look. This vacation has already got me broke.

Anderson  aka Gumbo

Anderson
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:04:11 pm »

Squashapenny Junction

This place was kind of cool last time I was there.  Had some old signs and coolers years ago before my son was born and he is almost 6 now.  It is near King's Dominion, but back a side road.

another link

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 10:43:51 pm »

Isn't Antiquities Vending Co. building a huge soda machine museum in NC?
That would be awesome to see....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:54:23 am »

saw this post on www.oldgas.com

thought you might be able to find it.... have fun and good luck!

“Hey everyone, we got back from North Carolina last night and had an awesome time in the mountains and area.
On the way to Cherokee I spotted a small store in Maggie Valley with a gas pump on it's porch. We turned around and found this guy has a whole bunch of good stuff. He restores old gas pumps, Coke coolers, juke boxes etc. He had five or six Wayne gas pumps, all restored. Most of the pumps were around 2500 dollars, but it is worth going in just to look around. He has a huge neon lit "arm" that hung on the side of a Chevrolet dealer, and even a ceiling fan from 1919 (or 1909 I can't remember which). He had some oil cans and assorted small items too.
I wish I had taken the camera with me on that trip and written down the address.
He is on the main road in Maggie Valley, which is near Cherokee. If you are ever in that area, it is a nice place to stop and look around.”

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: