SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 05:24:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice vend: anyone vending cans and bottles?  (Read 3829 times)
KdoginIndy
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:50:46 pm »

Greetings Group!
I recently returned to my vending project to accomplish my phase 2 goals of having bottles AND cans vend from my CV 168.  I recently aquired a manual (SUPERTHANKS, KEVIN C!!  -Great member and prompt shipper!!) that actually states: "Helixes for the can vending base are a special type, not interchangeable with bottle helixes."
My 1st question, is anyone vending both cans and bottles?
I did change the gears, per the posted instructions with pictures on the inner door. I think I got the Helixes mixed up, (2nd question) ARE they each different??  
BTW my helixes are black plastic.. I think my machine is newer than the manual I have which might explain the difference.  As always, superthanks for any and all ideas.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 02:17:47 pm »

Hello

I think that we will need to find a CV with the bottle thing-a-migs. My understanding of the manual is that the can-bottle are different.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
KdoginIndy
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:08:33 pm »

Update:  -Mine was a Really stupid question, now that I investigate it further.  I'm still confused about can vs. bottled helixes, but as soon as the thunderstorms reside I think I will have my answer.  As for the helixes and whether they are different. -duh (I'm such a newbie.. ) 1st tip was the old manual I have has a part number for each auger/helix.  2nd, after thinking about it it's obvious that there at least has to be 2 different styles.  The vend motor turns the back cog which in-turn turns the next, which turns the next etc. Because of this arrangement each cog rotates in opposite direction so for all the augers to vend "down" they would have to be 2 clockwise augers and 2 counterclockwise.  -changing the cogs (per directions) lines-up the "spaces" between each accordingly (half stager for 2 coulmns of cans, "synced" for one column of bottles.  (the notches on the cogs will stop the vend cycle accordingly -90 or 180 or 360 degrees of rotation, whatever cog you place in back)  SO.. when next I write I beleive I will have an answer.  Thanks Kevin, I'll let you know when I get Milwalkee's finest flowing in two different formats! (ps. all: feel free to blow holes in all of this! Again, I'm just a newbie!)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:33:25 pm »

My choice vend 120 vends bottles
KdoginIndy
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 03:11:24 pm »

Last Update!  

It totally works!  

I change the cogs according to picture and then confirmed that I had each Helix (auger) in the right slot.  When I pulled them out I noticed that the black nylon was clearly marked with what one went were (i.e. Front, Front-Mid, Rear-Mid, Rear)  -DUH!!  So putting them in the right place made everything work.  Kevin, I guess ChoiceVend changed something in later models that differs from the manual. –It works and is a pretty cool feature.  I love having both cans (cheep) and bottles (tasty)  in the same machine.  –Now if I can only get it to cool lower than 39 degrees!   -Thanks for the help, Kdog
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 04:29:47 pm »

Hello

Great news!

I have mine machine here at the office so I will keep it filled with cans.

It would be nice to have this type machine for a garage to vend cans & bottles. Most people over look them because of the size & weight!

I would not worry about 39 degrees. That is about where mine goes & if I set the t-stat lower it starts to freeze the Dr Pepper.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:30:01 am »

I like that Sun Drop machine!