SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 02:46:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving help  (Read 3211 times)
« on: December 28, 2005, 12:55:04 pm »

Hello all,

Following the latest round of 3 weeks without electricity everytime there is a big wind.  No working telephone thus no properly working DSl from Oct 25 through Dec 6, 05.  My home is being converted to total cellular service and broadband internet.  I was in trying to update my info for this site.  I believe that I have changed my email correctly to the new wgurk@comcast.net.  Noticed the section for password.  I don't remember if I set a password when I originally regestered with the site 2 or so years ago.  Or is this a new entry being added in preperations for new sections?  Can one of the admins give me any help when they read this message?  Thanks, Bill Gurk, thus the handle wgurk.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 06:19:47 pm »

The password section of Modify Account is the password that you use to sign in to the board.  If you log out or go to another computer, you will need to log in with your user name and password.  You had to make a password when you signed up.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 12:06:48 am »

From home or at work, I just click on the entry in favorites and I am on site.  Guess it will not be until I have to sign in that I will find out if I remember the password.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 12:25:20 am »

Bill,
The password for your login on this site is stored as a cookie. Bet Jim or another admin. can retrieve your orginal password so you can change it to something new. Won't be an issue unless you get a new computer or delete all cookies off the existing PC.
Creighton
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 11:07:33 pm »

Thanks guys, I would say that my question has been answered.  Until or unless it becomes a problem in the future, I am not going to worry about it.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 08:07:01 pm »

Bill,

All passwords here are encrypted so there's no way Admins can retrieve your password and forward it to you. What I can do is assign you a new password and you can go into your CP (Control Panel) and change it to something you'll remember for those times you're away from a machine that has stored your cookie.
Food for thought while discussing this... Should you login from another computer that you may not use on a regular basis, be sure to change the login so no cookie is set on this machine. Do not allow the login system to remember you is the selection, I think...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: