SMC Discussion Areas
June 22, 2024, 10:12:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle refilling hot or cold ?  (Read 2021 times)
L Hunter
« on: December 05, 2005, 01:43:26 pm »

To All,

I have a question related to refilling my old glass soda bottles.  To maintain the fizz/carbonation in the soda, should I siphon my two liter bottle hot or cold?  I understand that the fizz/carbonation slows down the colder it gets, which would help in not loosing the carbonation in transfer.  When soda is heated it tends to fizz more which in rebottling would help to purge the air from the bottle before capping them.  Does anyone have thoughts on this?  Thank you for your time and assistance.

Larry
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 02:26:26 pm »

Hello Larry

for the past year or so I have been re-filling my bottles just as they are. Haven't heated or chilled the soda in any way. They last okay for a while, in my house they seem to go quicker than I can fill them up so have not really experienced the loss of fizz. Have you got a decent capper to ensure a good seal???

Dave
L Hunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 04:51:27 pm »

Hi Dave ,

Yes, I have a great old desk mount capper that works fine.  I have been siphoning from a large soda bottle.  I always sanitize the bottles, caps, and tubing too.  I could'nt remember if at the bottle plants they fill the bottles cold or hot? Thank you for your reply.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: