SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 05:46:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my vendo 39 projects - sniff sniff  (Read 2370 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: November 19, 2005, 12:28:28 am »

Welllll,
I finally had to face reality with seven machines in my garage and shed and no time to work on them.....finally decided to clear out space and put both of the Vendo 39s on e-bay.  Both sold to a gentleman in New Hampshire who will pick up my babies this weekend.  Both were project machines needing parts and to be put back together....ohh well, at least I should have enough now to start bugging Eric at Global Compressors about a compressor for my Westinghouse WC-44sk.

But the pain!!!  Ohhhhh the pain!!!

Sorry, just had to rant!

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 02:45:26 am »

Hi Eric

saw those on Ebay. If only I was a few thousand miles closer. Guessed you'd be busy with work as you've been a bit quite here for a while. Well, have to keep the wolves from the door.

Take Care

Dave
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 04:17:22 am »

Yeah, work is very busy.  The shipyard is gearing up for sea trials in December.  This is where they prove to the Navy that the ship is built to specs and all systems work.  We'll be putting FARRAGUT through her paces for about a week.....in December....in the North Atlantic.  So not only do I get to work the latest propulsion system designs the Navy has to offer but I get the added pleasure of watching a bunch of landlubbers getting sick....oh joy. ':p'

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: