SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 07:47:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D-narco  (Read 2289 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« on: November 23, 2005, 04:09:32 pm »

Hello

I was offered a large Dixie-Narco pepsi machine today. I am not sure of the model because it was stuck inside a storage trailer but it is something like the 346 model.  I think they just want to unload it & said it was for sale for $150. I am sure I could get it for less.

We do not really talk about these type machines but any idea on a possible market? Anybody want it?

I have had great success with the V-63 here at my office selling soda but I am not sure if I am ready for a big monster like this. Hmmmmm unless I could set it up to vend for profit somewhere.  Any ideas?

Thanks for letting me think out loud

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 04:34:09 pm »

Quote (Kevin C @ Nov. 23 2005,1:09)
I have had great success with the V-63 here at my office selling soda but I am not sure if I am ready for a big monster like this. Hmmmmm unless I could set it up to vend for profit somewhere.  Any ideas?

Kevin, my two cents... there's a fine line between a hobby and a job.  I personally find it hard for both to be the same thing.  Which one do you want?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 05:52:14 pm »

Those big newer machines are really complicated. I bought a big Vendo in Florida as part of a package deal thinking I could fix it up a little and get it going. It only took me a few hours to give up on it and I gave it to the guy who bought the frosty machine to put in his garage. There is much more to them than a slant shelf machine. From now on I will stick to the simple ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: