SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:27:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 2933 times)
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« on: December 07, 2014, 09:18:56 pm »

I've been adding and adding to my collection.  I am at the point where I need to be getting some insurance on my stuff. 

Is there a company anyone here has any experience with?

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:59 am »

Hey Marvin,
Have some members here that insurance is their gig. I'm not one of them but went through the same issue. First place to start is your current homeowner policy. See if you can add agreed replacement value or a bump in coverage to cover everything.

Best thing to do is take pictures of everything in the house. Have a log of serial numbers, date of purchase, amount paid. Store copies of same offsite.

Creighton
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:13 am »

Each Standard Home owners insurance policies are different, so best to talk to you agent, but don't count on 100% replacement cost on items if lost in a fire, stolen, etc.

The best "Collectors" insurance are :

American Collectors Insurance Company

or Collectible INsurance company,

they offer ALL Risk coverage that you can't get through your homoewners... I have American Collectors for my stuff and they offer a blanket type of coverage, only want itemization for items over 1500.00

I have photos and logs of value as well in case of a loss I have proof of what I had.

example premium is around 275 for 50K of coverage.

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:22:59 am »

Like John said tallk to you agent and as a former Propety and Casualty person ( homeowners and auto) there is a policy available called a personal articles policy that is separate from the homeowners policy that has no deductible you have to meet. The one thing you have to do is get appraisals and lots of pictures to send them. Keep in mind that companies vary on their practices. Going with a speciality company like John suggested might be your best bet anyway as many homeowners policies do not pay replacement cost which means they buy you a new one regardless of the current market and will only pay what is called actual cash value. Actual cash value translates into fair market value minus any depreciation and given conversations we've had on this site that might be difficult to determine what market value of a machine is. biggrin

Jeff

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 10:30:03 pm »

Each Standard Home owners insurance policies are different, so best to talk to you agent, but don't count on 100% replacement cost on items if lost in a fire, stolen, etc.

The best "Collectors" insurance are :

American Collectors Insurance Company

or Collectible INsurance company,

they offer ALL Risk coverage that you can't get through your homoewners... I have American Collectors for my stuff and they offer a blanket type of coverage, only want itemization for items over 1500.00

I have photos and logs of value as well in case of a loss I have proof of what I had.

example premium is around 275 for 50K of coverage.

Good luck!

I also Sell Insurance  and Johns Right  American Collectors is a great company to use ,I use them for my stuff  their great people to work with  .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: