SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:58:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Sign Value?  (Read 2080 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: September 11, 2014, 10:00:44 pm »

I was poking around in an antiques mall today and ran across a two sided, porcelain on metal sign that I have never seen before.  It was roughly 24" x 24" and the same as the one pictured below.  I would say the one I saw was in slightly better shape than this one and the colors were more vibrant.  It was marked not for sale but I left a business card with the mall to let the owner know I am interested.  I don't have the Petretti's book so I was looking for some opinions on the value in case the guy calls me back.

Thanks!

drinking Tim drinking
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:03:20 am »

Tim,  I'm actually looking for the same sign, well not looking very hard but I am paying attention to the ones that pop up for sale...
Be careful as a reproduction has been made; however, I have not personally reviewed the reproduction first hand.
Generally, as you may already know, with signs, it's condition, condition & condition!  With that said, I have seen these signs range between $800 - $1400
I have also seen these and other signs in antique shops exceeding $2K which is high, unless the sign is near mint.
Sadly, on a personal note, I used to own this sign in 8.5-9.0 condition,but sold it for some reason years ago...
Keep us posted...

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:56:43 am »

Petretti's guide lists that sign at $3K in perfect condition.  jawdrop

Glen
SSmoothie
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:52:26 am »

I have not keep with the current value but a few years back when I was closely watching these sign, people were asking well over $1200 in that condition, not sure what someone paid for them, but that seem to be the average asking price.

Vendo 44
Firestone Refer (sold)
Westinghouse Master (sold)
Westinghouse Standard (sold)
Westinghouse Junior
Westinghouse Half Junior
2 Dole Super Dispensers
Coke Cooler
Some Signage
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: