SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 04:55:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we-6 water  (Read 2285 times)
Charlotte1

« on: August 20, 2014, 07:41:00 pm »

Hi everyone.
My we6 seems to be working well so happy with that. My question for the wet machine gurus is with regards to the water.
- any suggestions on how to keep the water somewhat fresh. I was thinking along the lines of maybe salt water(hot tub application). Or maybe a little hot tub type chlorine or bromine. I realize the water temps are different.
- or do I drain and refill every couple of weeks?

The first batch of water sat in it for about a month(no bevvys were harmed in this experiment). The machine wasn't always running. I found that there was a small amount of slime/maybe algae(?) that was accumulating on the tub by the time I drained it.
Thanks Everyone 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:14:27 pm »

I would just change the water out every couple of weeks.  It only holds 3.5 gallons.  I assume standard practice for a delivery route was to drain the tank to wipe it out before adding new product.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

Do not leave aluminum cans in it for any length of time as the stainless steel liner will eat the bottoms out of the cans, diet soda will go faster. Bottles with paper labels will become a mess over time as the water will make them come off. To date there is no after market pump to move the water enough to keep it from getting stagnate. If anyone knows of one, please pass it along.

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:19 am »

Any type of salt will erode the alum. liner and other bits. A dash of bleach will kill nasty's but the advice to change water regular is the best.
Creighton
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:44:16 am »

If anything, I would add just a table spoon of pool shock (you can get at local pool store).. its basically concentrated chlorine, but wont hurt you at such a small dose..

but like others said.. clean it out regularly is best bet.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: