SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 03:24:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we6 drain tube  (Read 1946 times)
Charlotte1

« on: July 21, 2014, 12:43:48 pm »

Hello everyone. I have purchased a we6 that's in great shape, seems fairly original and I am in the process of getting up and running.
Drain tube question.....Right now, it has a short tube(approx3") that hangs down from under the agitator. It has NO plug. Hard to tell what the tube is attached to but it looks like it might have a grommet type setup that would seal against the tube. It appears that the tube and grommet are one piece. I haven't put water in it yet to check for leaks. I have a tap setup on it now but I'm concerned that the weight of my tap assembly might accelerate the potential leaking from this grommet/drain tube assembly. 
-- Does anyone know if this rubber piece can be replaced? I did see another post about using sink parts. How would you make the seal work? Does the tub have to be out of the unit to install?
-- did the original setup have a plug or a valve/tap? I did see a picture on this site of a white looking plug.
Thanks to all

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:02:13 pm »

Regret can't help. Several members have WE-6's hope they will chime in.
Creighton
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:26:57 am »

The best image I could get once reducing.

As far as finding original drain tube pieces it may be a little difficult.   You may have to get creative and put some type of modern piping down below and tie into the original faucet for it look the same. As long as the drain isn't leaking and you can empty the water out I think you will be good to go!

I have found with the chest coolers you sometimes have to improvise. The reproduction parts are just simply not available for every machine!

Jared
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:34:43 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
Charlotte1

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:39 am »

Thanks Jared
That picture helps a ton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: