SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 04:30:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very nice V-59 for sale  (Read 2680 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: September 15, 2013, 08:43:48 am »

Hi everyone,
With the change in season comes my lovely wife's inevitable desire to rearrange the entire household.  In order to maintain a happy household, I have decided to part with my Vendo V-59.

This is a pretty awesome machine, all original as far as I can tell and super clean, except for the cooling deck which appears to be a replacement.  It cools very well and all of the moving parts are present and functional.  It vends well on a nickel.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or shoot me an email directly at jholmgren "at" gmail dot com.  It is located in York, PA but I'm willing to help with delivery and/or shipping.

Here is a link to some larger pictures of it:
http://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6869

Thanks!
Jim

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:02:24 pm by jholmgren » Logged

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:55:48 am »

Looks like a very nice machine!
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »

Thanks Jared, it is a really nice original.  I'm sad to see it go, but it just doesn't fit where I need to put it.

By the way, I'm calling it a V-59, but the serial number tag(s) both on the top and the body list it as a "B 59 C5".

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »

OK - so I'm an idiot.  All of my other machines are dime or quarter machines.  It just dawned on my that this one is from 1948... so it runs on a nickel. 

When that though hit me I literally jumped up and ran out of the room with a nickel in my hand.   SUCCESS!  It works great on a nickel.  Jeez... I've been dumping dimes in this and trying to figure out why they fall right through into the return tray  ::facepalm::

Jim

VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: