SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 05:39:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Westinghouse WE-6  (Read 4676 times)
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« on: November 04, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »

If anyone is interested in my Coke Westinghouse WE-6 let me know.  I need get rid of a few items to get the garage cleaned out so my wife can get her vehicle back in there this winter and this is one of them. It still cools and circulates fine but the drain hose will need replaced as it has rotted off.  If there are any questions or need additional pics just let me know.  I am asking $400 on it.  Thanks
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:06:29 pm by Philip S » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:55:47 am »

Very nice looking survivor, and priced fair.
        But something I've noticed about most all postings in this swap meet area, you guys are omitting your locations.  darn
        If someone wants to buy your machine Philip, it may cost him $40.00 for a tank of gas or another $400.00 to have it shipped.
        Also, there is a line on every members profile, an option that reveals what city we live in, why are these so often left blank?
        A membership map program was initiated a few years ago but failed because of lack of participation.
        Today, with a new map idea circulating, I hope everybody reading this will go back into their profile and update information. 
        We don't need your home addresses, just a general idea of your location.  hopefull

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:41 am »

That is a nice one.  I have a similar WE6, but it is two-tone white/red.  Paid the same for it but unfortunately mine doesn't cool.   Ken is going to take care of that for me, stay tuned.  Smiley

The drain hose can be replaced with a 1-2 foot length of clear poly hose from your local hardware store, along with a barbed hose end and cap.  I can send pics of mine if anyone is interested.  Nothing special, but it is cheap (under $10) and works.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »

Sorry, forgot the location.  I am located in central Illinois (Carrollton).  I will update my profile with my location for future reference.  I seen the thread about the membership map but couldn't seem to get it to work. I will try it out again later on this evening.

Jim, would like to see pics of your drain and tubing.  I figured the tubing would be easy to find but drain a bit harder.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51:10 am »

Sorry, forgot the location.  I am located in central Illinois (Carrollton).  I will update my profile with my location for future reference.  I seen the thread about the membership map but couldn't seem to get it to work. I will try it out again later on this evening.

Jim, would like to see pics of your drain and tubing.  I figured the tubing would be easy to find but drain a bit harder.

I usually post pics on my website when I do any work on a machine, but I must have been lazy that day.  I'll get a pic and upload it for you.  It's nothing pretty, but it is functional and you don't see it anyway.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:46:41 pm »

Neat machine. Its a waterbath machine correct? It would ba an awesome back patio machine.

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 05:40:56 pm »

Yeah it's a waterbath.  I bought it with hopes to have a back patio to put it on someday.  Seems like everything I buy is for my next house with the bigger garage that I hope to have in the future.  Then, after storing the cooler/soda machines forever, I give up hopes on the new house and decide to sell.  I know one day I will regret every item I've ever sold but I keep telling myself I will find more machines when I do get that bigger place someday.
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:53:09 pm »

Open to offers.  I have my eye on another machine, but need to sell this one first.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »

where are you located? that will determine a lot of buyers.. shipping will be as much as the asking price in most cases..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

I added location in the fouth post down when someone else brought it up.  Anyway, machine is in Carrollton IL and I work in St. Louis so I could take it there any day.  Or if needed, I suppose I could deliver it up to the Springfield IL area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: