SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 02:06:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Searches on SMC  (Read 1966 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: March 05, 2013, 04:03:14 pm »

Not sure if this was ever brought up before.
Today I wanted to look something up on SMC, and after keying in my search, I got 17 pages back with the search word in it.

Because my search involves pricing, posts dating as far back as 2003 are not very informative for what I'm looking for.
So my question is;  Is there a way that the site can arrange posts based on dates, or to have the option to arrange the posts as such?  (Similar to an Ebay search of listing "new listings" and just getting the newest ones....)

Not sure who to ask, so that's why I posted here.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »

Ed,
You can click the Search tab  (Home...Help...Search...Profile...etc)...then click the Advance Search link.  That will let you specify the age of the post in days - not exactly what you are looking for, but a round-about way of eliminating old posts from a search.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »

Ed,
You can click the Search tab  (Home...Help...Search...Profile...etc)...then click the Advance Search link.  That will let you specify the age of the post in days - not exactly what you are looking for, but a round-about way of eliminating old posts from a search.

Jim

Forgot to add - in the Advance Search you can specify the display order.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 06:59:18 pm »

Thanks Jim!!!  All these years I never noticed that!  I just always used the main SEARCH function!!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: