SMC Discussion Areas
June 20, 2024, 06:53:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with a Cornelius Slant Shelf  (Read 2651 times)
DarkScooter
« on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:03 pm »

Hi there.  I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping that I might get some advice.  I have a Cornelius model 50-0838 slant shelf Coke machine that holds 120 bottles with 12 different vend choices (12 shelves each holding 10 bottles).  I can't find a date on the Coke machine anywhere except for an inspection stamp on the Coinco coin mechanism which is dated 1980 which would make sense with the way cool fake wood paneling on the front of the machine...... (that's sarcasm if you can't tell... I hate the fake wood... Smiley  Anyways... I am missing 2 shelves and 5 bottle guides for my Coke machine and after extensively searching on the internet I can't find any information or parts for my machine.  Also, it's missing the cap catcher (I'm assuming that it had one), but I'm not sure what it looks like, or where it would attach (though probably on the two screws at the bottom of the opener).  The shelf dimensions are 21" long and 10 1/8" wide which includes the 1 5/8" bottle neck support, and the bottle guide is 24 3/4" long.  Does anyone know where I can find these parts?  Or do they look like any other shelving for another type of pop machine?  (I have a Cavalier 8 8 64 waiting for me to rebuild it and the shelves are nothing like the Cornelius')  Or should I just go into a sheet metal shop with the shelf and bottle guide and ask them to make new ones?  I've included pictures so hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.  I'm new to Pop machines, so any advice or direction would be very much appreciated!  I also like to think that I'm smarter than a monkey, but sometimes that is debatable so if I ask a stupid question, or ask you to clarify your answer because I don't understand it, please have a little patience with me.... Smiley
Thanks in advance, Scott
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:43:54 pm »

Welcome to the site Scott , happydrinkers

As far as your Cornelius they dont make shelve for these  so your best bet is to stop by your local sheet metal shop and see what they will charge
 to make these parts  smile.
DarkScooter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 03:52:55 pm »

Thanks for that info Pat.... I thought that I was going crazy looking around the internet and not finding ANYTHING for my machine.... guess that it is an oddball.  It is my first working pop machine and I'm into it about $175 with purchase price and parts so getting someone to make the shelves and bottle guide won't send me over budget.  It will definitely give me peace of mind because I hate the fact that it is missing parts.
Thanks again, Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: