SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 04:33:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is so TRUE !! Read This...  (Read 7280 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 08:07:50 pm »

The problem with term limits is that anyone who has met the max number of terms knows that they will be out of a job shortly.  Instead of spending their last term working for a better state/country, they are trying to figure out where they are going to be drawing a salary after the next election.  Makes it way to enticing to cut a deal with a special interest in exchange for a cushy job as a lobbyist or "consultant" when they are no longer in office.  I think they should eloiminate term limits but also eliminate fund raising and outside donations.  Both candidates get a set amount of dollars to campaign with.  Spend it as you see fit.  I also think that a voting prequalification test should be required before you get to register to vote.  It can be as simple as you want it to be as long as it requires you to make an effort to go get it done.  And can someone please explain what is wrong with requiring a voter ID of some sort with a photo on it?  You have 4 years from an election to go get one, how is that an unfair requirement?

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 09:52:14 pm »

I agree. I don't favor term limits but do favor strict contribution changes. Our votes can serve as term limits. Voter apathy is no excuse.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:52:58 pm »

Amen.....

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »

Interesting thread. After running two companies out of my house for 15+ years, can say one needs a damn good tax attorney to survive.
There is no help available for a small biz that is making money. If I could get a low interest loan for 10k I could purchase equipment and hire employees.
The boondongle of regulations and taxes make that impossible to do. Can't buy the equipment or hire. Manufactures and the out of work suffer. Sad.

What to do? Well support your local mom and pops stores, pay with cash. Resist the urge for the latest electronic gizmo sold at Chinamart.

I'm done :-)
Creighton
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:51:27 am by Creighton » Logged
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

I guess I am sick and tired of the word (tolerate) all the political correct people in the world think if you do not bend and allow anything that comes down the road you are being a raciest. The town where I live has been running stories in the paper every day about the college I attended back in the 70's . Shorter college has been there since 1873 and it is a baptist school and have asked all of its employ es to sign a faith statement . All the liberals and Gays are protesting and I guess I am a firm believer that you are what you stand for and if you can't sign a statement of faith that is your problem , a private school that stands on the word of God has the choice to employee people of like minds and would some one out there please tell me when anybody's sexual preference has anything to do your rights.All Americans have the same rights as a human beings and I don't need something called a hate crime or any other silly new laws that are out there I am pretty sure if some one beats you up or shoots you that they probally did hate you.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest