SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 11:02:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep your eyes peeled  (Read 3171 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« on: April 12, 2012, 03:46:13 pm »

Helo all:

I've been following some of these threads regarding the Stoner candy machines and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I live in metrowest MA (a craigslist ad was recently referenced in a thread) and check craigslist everyday for pinball, soda, gumball and vending machines and have yet to come across a Stoner machine.   Don't know how I am missing it.  Anyway I am in the market for a good quality machine (doesn't need to be perfect, just needs to function as I am new to this game and have hot dog fingers) that has 6-8 selections for full size bars, I honestly don't care either way about the gum wheel and it need not be a theater model........the cheaper the better keeps me out of the dog house.  The only stoners I've seen seem to run more in the 500-1000 range, some not even restored.   Most here seem to think more like 300-500.   Are those midwest/west coast prices?  It seems that the older machines are harder to come by out this way, a lot gets destroyed due to our weather I can only assume.  At any rate, any leads on machines are appreciated.......and I'd rather drive a few hours than ship, but how do the internal workings of a Stoner hold up to a bumpy trailer ride?   Oh well, I'll cross that bridge once I come to it.....................
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »

Metrowest MA?  Where's that, Springfield???  I'll keep an eye out on the east coast, I'm down in DC, but I grew up in northern CT, so I make drives up there in my truck every once in a while. 

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »

Share your frustration. Have yet to see a single Stoner machine for sale in WA. in 5 yrs. Maybe they didn't travel North well :-)

You could try adding "Candy Machine", "Coin operated" to your search.

I like padded well and upright for transport of belt type machines. Hardboard and blue tape to protect mirrors, knobs etc...

Creighton

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:29:57 pm »

Here's one in the Boston area, make an offer? http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/clt/2938808623.html

MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »

Here's one in the Boston area, make an offer? http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/clt/2938808623.html

No, I looked at that one Saturday when I bought the Cavalier 72. That is the one that he sold to a guy in California that is paying to ship it out there or it would have come home with me. really nice shape and all worked. 

Tim
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:04:54 pm »

Maybe the CA guy backed out? Can't hurt to email and ask why it is still listed if it has been sold?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
steve

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:56:02 pm »

One possible answer to you missing posts on craigslist is there might be 2 or more CL pages for your city/area
  I live on long Island NY and had the same problem as there is one page just for long Island and another one
  for New York which also has a Long Island page and the 2 are not the same or connected. I found this out
  after I posted items but I could not find my own post, yet people were calling me and telling me it did exist.
    Look on the right side of the main CL page and check both the state and city ads.
                                                                                                Steve
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 01:00:32 am »

I have a Stoner 180 I would part with.  It is an 8 pull with the gum wheel.  I freed up all of the mechanism, but it needs work.  The exterior needs work, it sat in a wet shed for a long time.  Coin mech is there but rough.  I have the base but it is not on good shape, the bottom is rotted.

Shoot me a PM if intersted.  I am just north of Boston  It isn't pretty, and needs work but I would let you have it cheap.  It is bad enough that I have a machine full of beer, I don't need a machine full of candy.
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:53:32 am »

Metrowest is Framingham area just  north and west of Boston by about a half hour.  I'll adjust my searches and keep my eyes open.   Thanks for the offer, but like I said, rather spend a little more and not have to worry about anything but cosmetics.  Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: