SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 07:42:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rockola Jukebox  (Read 5872 times)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« on: December 19, 2011, 01:52:15 am »

I had a guy call me the other day with this Rockola Jukebox, I have no idea on model, or value

It currently is not working he says the needle cartridge needs to be replaced?Huh?? Also front Rockola glass is cracked.

Thanks

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:29 am »

That looks like a Model 1458 that would have been produced in 1958.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/rockola/r1458/r1458.htm

Cool machine with a visible turntable and that should look pretty good lit up.  Plays both sides of 60 45's which are still available in a wide selection of music.  It looks to be in pretty good shape for it's age.  I suspect that it needs more than a new needle t get going but I could be wrong.  If the amplifier has never been recapped, that would be a good investment.  I would do a little research on parts availability before making an investment in the machine.  The glass is probably available but it would be the mechanical parts that I would be worried about.

There are other people on the site who know a lot more about jukes than I do though!

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:42:39 am »

Tim speaks rightly, it is a 1458.

Roclkola parts can e difficult to locate, they aren't in demand like the Wurlitzers or Seeburgs, but it's not impossible.
I'd ask what  he mean by not working - foes it power up, select a record, but no sound?  Is he missing a needle?

it's missing the right record carousel cover, and there should be five stars on the speaker grill. I don't think any one repops those parts, or the glass, but there are several reputable  parts dealers who can prolly locate them for you.

The record mech area lights up, as well as the Rockola on the top, it has a visiible mech, and the sections are on a rotatin drum.  A very cool machine if the price is low enough.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 12:15:45 pm »

Thanks for info, Seller is asking $700.00 for this Juke. Im assuming that is to much now.

Thanks

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:02:42 pm »

I'd pass. The glass is going to be difficult to replace. Any curved glass is very difficult to replace. And when you do find it, it gets broke during shipping.

flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:18 pm »

You never know about what might me wrong with them; there are many components that can go wrong. 

But there is a chance it may just need the cartridge.  I bought a 1958 Wurlitzer 2204 a few months ago off Ebay for $310 because it was close to me & had a bunch of spare parts I could use on my 2250.  I was pleasantly surprized that it only needed the needle cartridge.  Took the part out of the 2250, dropped in a quarter & she fired right up.  I am going to get the amps recapped because they both need it.  If you get it, definitely plan on recapping the amp.

The dome is going to be expensive to replace if you can find one.  Shipping will be a killer as well.

There are a few places to get juke parts.  Shoot me a pm & I can send you a list.

Larry
tooth350
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 09:54:46 am »

I have an old NSM 45 juke box that used to work , my father in law was going to throw it away but i took it and was going to try and find someone to fix it, having a hard time finding anyone in new england to fix it.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:38 am »

alwaysjukin.com/Adlinks.asp

Alqways jukin' magazine's website. Techs with bad feedback are removed from the list.
Also, check w/ Lloyd @coinopwarehouse. He's out of Maryland, and while he doesn't do repairs, he sells all sorts of coin ops, so he may know of guys in your area

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 07:26:51 pm »

I have a restored 1458 Rockola just like it. We use ours quite abit and love it. The one you posted is also missing some glass and grill vertical pieces across the bottom, it would be hard to replace these parts. D
epending on what you have to repair 700 isn't a bad price to pay. offer him 500.00

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: