SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 12:15:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soda Bottles - Various Oldies  (Read 4657 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: September 21, 2011, 06:30:14 pm »

Ok Gents,
   Here's a few bottles I was hoping to get your opinions on.  Please let me know if you think they're worth anything significant or if they're fairly run of the mill bottles.  I appreciate any relative value if you have any ideas on those.  Will post a few pics for you.  Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »

Except for the Root Beer bottles which have paper labels, the rest of them look like they were found in a dump. Not worth much to me.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:42:24 pm »

Wow, really?  I was thinking that maybe the "soda water" bottle from Coca-Cola on the far left bottom picture would have been worth something.  Or even the older embossed Dr. P's.  NuGrape's not either, huh?   down  Oh well, it is what it is I suppose.  Thanks!

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Flightfanatic
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:25 pm »

Personally, I would think to pay a couple bucks for them each, probably $10 at the most for all of them. I think the glass bottles look good on display when all cleaned up. That embossed nugrape bottle is cool!

Dixie Narco DNCB 240/138-6
Dixie Narco DNCB 320M/184-8
Lacrosse CCB-90-9
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse Master Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WC-96-T
Westinghouse WH-22-T
Ideal 35 Slider
FL Jacobs 35
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:18 pm »

With bottles condition is everything... most you have there are still common at bottle shows.. the best one you have (and I can't see the detail/condition) is the NuGrape snowball bottle... if it's clean no chips (flea bites) breaks
or wear it would be $15-20... if all those bottles were “mint condtion” they could be $10-20 dollar range each...
Another thing is bottler/town it is bottled... some Coke Hobbleskirts can go into the 100s depending on date and bottler. the Coke “star” flavor bottle can be around $10 depending on condition... I have one with the date along the base - June 1 - can't remember the year (but I remember the month and day cause it's my birthday) so I
waited hours at an auction for that and paid $20 for the whole case.. some nice hobble skirts and acl in that bunch. The best thing to do with that group at the auction would be put them all together in a crate... They would do best as a group.... you might $20+ for the whole group.
I have a couple hundred bottles and I have another friend who collects more seriously with older, awesome embossed bottles from the 20-30s.
Here's a shot from a show.. the large display bottles good money ($100-200)... some of these painted labels $25-$65+ each

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:11:56 pm »

Painted labels that much?  Wow, would not have guessed that.  I had rather assumed the embossed ones were the ones everyone would be after.  What's the difference between the green glass Coke and clear glass Coke?  I have one that is clear, older embossed.  Had you ever seen the soda water bottle from Coke?  I'm guessing that one is a pretty common one then?  Which soda bottles should I look for then that would be the more valuable ones?  These were only the ones I pulled out thinking they were the more valuable ones.  There are many others.  Give me an idea and I can pull those out separate.  Have several crates as well, are any of those more valuable than others?  All are wood, not sure of dates, just don't know how to tell.  Thanks.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 09:30:39 pm »

Those I posted are ACL bottle (painted / applied color label) and I'm not really an expert on them.
Watch for off, uncommon brands.. Pepsi, 7up, Coke, Dr Pepper, etc. are not real big money as they
are common.. if they are clean mint bottles like I said they can do alright.

Crates again odd brands and condition.. I've paid $25 for nice crates and I would kill for a Nichol Kola crate
ok.. maybe not kill... but I'd stand in the cold rain all day for a NK crate at a auction (especially if it were full
of 6 cent bottles) those are hard to find!

here are some rare $100-300+ bottles...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:45:27 pm »

There's a couple off brands that I'll take pics of tomorrow then and post.  Sorry, no Nichol Kolas here.  I really think those musta been up north or something as I'd never even heard of them before coming on here.  I did get a Grapette steel can in the other day.  I can't recall who was looking for Grapette items.  Attached a pic, just in case someone knows who it is, not sure if he'd be interested in it.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 06:54:18 am »

TomfromNJ is our resident Grapette collector.. He will probably run into this or you can reach out to him..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 04:10:40 pm »

Thanks.  If I don't see anything from him in the next day or so, I'll drop him a line.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: