SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 01:43:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just bought this  (Read 2521 times)
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« on: August 26, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »

I have always wanted one. I grew up riding an apple and orange krate. So I finally got one its a 1953 24" phantom.  I am looking for a red or green phantom also. have coke, pop machines, gas pumps to trade.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »

Very Nice ! ! !
I wouldn't mind getting one of the "krates"... Perhaps an Orange Krate or even a Pea Picker...

My six cents,

Jim

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:58:22 am »

Love the Phantom!  I grew up in the 60's and always wanted one of the Schwinn Krate's.  A few kids in the neighborhood had them--with seven kids my parents could not afford one.  down  The did get me a nice knock-off bannana seat 5 speed but it did not have the springer front end.  Still, it was a great bike until some jerk stole it from the school bike rack. censored

Funny thing is, my son who just went off to college had to have the new Schwinn OCC inspired chopper when it first came out.  I went all over looking for one and almost broke down and paid way over market for one on Greedbay.  Luckily, I found a Walmart that had a few.  That bike got ridden less than 10 times and it now sits in almost unused condition in my basement.  I guess part of the difference is that we don't live in the city where he could have ridden it all over town and the new one is not designed to be able to jump curbs and stuff like the old Schwinn's could handle.  Not sure that it will bring the kind of money an original Krate brings but I hope it goes up in value.  hopefull

drinking Tim drinking
Wojcik
25 Cent Member

GO WINGS!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:28:05 am »

Cool looking bike! I would like to find a old Good Humor ice cream bike with the cooler on it.

1941 Stoner Theater Candy  (unrestored)
1947 Pop'Corn Sez Warmer  (restored)
1920's Coca-Cola themed cash register
S & S 700 7up ice chest
Vendo 81D
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 10:30:01 am »

Love old tank bikes... That one is beautiful and sure out of my $$$ level.
A friend's dad had an old one to where it didn't have a kick stand but this
triangle shaped metal support that went up behind the back tire and
“snapped” into a little bracket on the back fender... they gave it to me...
it's an off brand from the late 40s... needs serious TLC but couldn't see
it going to the scrap yard... I'll post pics sometime...
You have a awesome bike that'll look cool parked by a cooler or pump
Congrats!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:01 am »

I still have my Sears Screamer 2 with mag wheel. Needs a good cleaning and a new front tire.
Unfortunately I don't have the original banana seat w/built in reflector. I was a heavy kid and split
the thing open. Anybody know if I can somehow put in a new innertube in the back tire and inflate @ low pressure if I am not going to ride it? The original tire is like a dragster slick and nothing like it exists today. The rubber is close to 45 years old and cracked but I haven't inspected for holes. I wan't to clean this up and display it. Comments?
Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: