SMC Discussion Areas
September 29, 2024, 02:29:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Nichol Kola  (Read 2294 times)
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« on: August 29, 2011, 09:43:18 pm »

Drinking the new Nichol Kola as I'm typing this. It does taste really good.  smile

Slightly sweet and not too carbonated like some cola drinks are. I have to wonder if this is just a generic cola formula as Eric mentioned. Hard to say as the H.R. Nicholson company sold their Nichol Kola syrup to the Nichol Kola franchisees for them to mix up in their bottling plants. By the way, the new Nichol Kola is bottled by the Orca Beverage Soda Works in Mukilto, WA. As far as I'm concerned, this company wasn't around or didn't bottle the old Nichol Kola. The only old Nichol Kola bottling plant from Washington was from Longview, WA.

The ingredients listed on the backside of the bottle are as follows: Carbonated water, pure cane sugar, caramel color, phosphoric acid, natural flavors (including kola nut, neroli, coriander, cinnamon), caffeine.

I've never seen neroli and cinnamon listed on any of my Nichol Kola bottles. Of course, no soda-pop bottler would go listing every single ingredient for their soda-pop on the backside of their bottles. Did Nichol Kola have these two ingredients as part of their original formula? We'll never know unless someone comes across the original Nichol Kola syrup recipe.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:47:10 pm by Chedki » Logged

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:58:47 pm »

Hhhmmmm glare Gonna pick up some this weekend... wish they were ACL bottles with a CARRIER!!!!! wow
Anyway... Thanks for the info Chedki... you should send them an image of a real paper label to see if they use
the original design....
And where's the image of that tray? smile You're holding out!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:02:06 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
bremett
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:15:10 am »

ACL would be nice, but I think the lables look pretty nice. I am looking forward to trying it too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: