SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 05:33:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COKE PAM CLOCK FAKES?  (Read 3068 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: August 21, 2011, 04:53:11 pm »

Hi all
Just gooten into collecting advertising clocks, and I need some HELP
I've been following listings of coke clocks (mainly PAM clocks) and can't help but wonder how many of these clocks that sell upwards of 600+ are actually fakes?

What I need help with is how can one spot a fake clock from an original?  On originals, there is the PAM TRADEMARK etc on the bottom.... anyone here know if the repos have this as well?

ANy info on spotting a fake over the real deal would be GREALTLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:32:26 am »

There is an article floating around somewhere on the internet , I think it may have been attached to a sellers ebay listing quite awhile ago.. that had some tips on ID'ing the fakes..

It had something to do with the word "Brooklyn" on the ID tage on the bottom and where the "oo" lined up under the 6... If I find I 'll post it or pass it along.

also if you can get your hand on the originals vs fakes ... you can feel the backs of the faces and typically the originals are rough, where the repros are nice and smooth...

I got out of clocks just for that reason... to many repops killed a market of Really Cool Clocks!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:45:36 pm »

Thanks Signguy!
I do have a RC cola clock that I know is original, as I bought it from a ma and pa store it was hanging on for the past 35 years.
I did feel the back and it was very rough to the touch, and it makes sence that the fakes would be smooth.

Although, with that, its hard to feel the back dials from through the computer... lol

I understand what you mean about getting out of the clock collecting, as I've just gotten interested in it, and Im already fed up with the speculation and/or the fakes out there!!

Thanks again for your thoughts!!!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: