SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:59:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG a new show  (Read 7578 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 10:39:39 am »

Bet they have a box truck follow them.. I've seen a few shows where they look at a couple items but when they are saying their goodbyes.. there are several pieces now laying buy the door.. no way on a few shows did they stuff everything into that van... I'm sure they just select a few items
to talk and deal on in front of the camera... or else they would be making no money... driving hundreds of miles for just a oil can or Harley gas tank
wouldn't be worth the trip.... Well until now... they are probably making several thousand each per episode now. I still enjoy watching them mainly to see what they find... I think the finds are real but these people are calling in to be found...  Some amazing stuff still out there....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:53:30 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:24 pm »

Poor Picker Sisters...  You guys need to give them a break, life can't be easy being attractive women in Southern California...  Much less when you travel the country to humid areas like Mississippi and your cute head band can't even keep your overly teased hair from falling and your make-up becoming a mess.  Its a bit tough to watch the show, but the idea is good, take old scrap and repurpose into something usable and hopefully good looking.  Also I think that its showing on the Lifetime network, known more for battered wife made for tv movies starring 80s & 90's sitcoms stars than interesting programming.  These shows are cheap to produce, and thats why they continue to pop up.  For example:  Hillbilly Handfishin'....  production costs pretty low...  You need a creek or river and some red necks.  These aren't hard to find here in Oklahoma.     

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »

For example:  Hillbilly Handfishin'....  production costs pretty low...  You need a creek or river and some red necks.  These aren't hard to find here in Oklahoma.     

That is one I will have to watch.  It is like seeing a train wreck--it is awful but you can't look away!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: