SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 07:23:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All this for only $2995  (Read 9125 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

The seller ID  seems awful familiar. I tihjnk he's a friend of someone here, and was selling a top notch collection? In which case  the 81 was prolly a lot better than the pics make it to be

He is a friend of Moondawg's and he is also a member of SMC. The SS V-80 is a nice looking machine, but I wouldn't pay that amount for it; however, I am happy for the seller and hope this is a sign of good things to come for everyone.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »

Wow, you guys are brutal. Yes, i just sold this Machine for $2,700. Real seller, real buyer, real auction, etc. And no, I didn't buy my own machine. A SMC member although I don't spend much time on this site. Not quite sure what the big deal is. As all my auctions I describe all items as best as I can and my feedback backs me on that. My price was not set in stone as I included a "best offer" icon. It is a nicely painted machine as stated in the auction, nothing more, nothing less. Picture #2 has a lot of reflections, those are not dents. Looking at my pictures again, not the best and machine looks much better in person. I have been selling soda machines for a long time on e-bay and I have been very fortunate to get some good prices on some of my machines. Don't know what to tell you. I think it's a combination of presentation, my quick response to e-mails, my feedback and my experience. I also advertise that I will ship machines where other sellers won't. That is a huge plus for me. Most of my buyers are not collectors, just someone who wants a machine for there home or game room. If anybody here needs a machine sold, send me a message and perhaps we can work something out. My fees are affordable.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:13:09 pm by mygoose101 » Logged

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »

I want to apologize for giving you he&$ on here and in an email about the machine. I did not know you were a member. The pictures looked like the machine was being misrepresented but I know all to well that lighting can be tricky. I just wanted to apologize directly for my actions. There are a lot of people misrepresenting stuff on ebay and I thought you were one of them but I was wrong.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 06:35:53 pm »

Great to see a strong price realized on a V-80. Hope the trend continues. Congrats!

Just a suggestion. Unless you have inspected a machine in person and found it to be less than advertised don't post.

mygoose101 hope you stay around.

Creighton
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 11:40:44 pm »

Hey, it's all good, no hard feelings. A little background. Even though I'm a "newbie" on this site with only 44 posts, I'm 43 and bought my first machine at 23, 20 years ago, a restored Cavalier 96 from a closing Sharper Image for $1,000. I had no idea what it was so I found Moondawg, yes Glen we've know each other for 20 years now. He was the one who told me the model and I was hooked ever since. Over the past 20 years I have owned 100's of machines and have fully restored about 30. I would have put my restored machines up with anyones with the exception of Sleepwalk as I never was a "professional". I'm just trying to do my part here in California to keep the hobby going as it seems to be losing a little steam over the past few years. 

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C