SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 01:57:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca cola cooler Tennesse Furniture Co 30's?  (Read 4818 times)
IrwinPaMom

« on: July 14, 2011, 01:35:50 pm »

I really REALLY don't have a lot of time to find out if this cooler is worth saving.  We have two buildings, four floors apiece, to clear out.  Tucked away in an old store is a really really dirty Coke cooler.  The dirt apparently saved the paint.  WHO KNEW?   biggrin  But the paint is fairly nice.  Has very little in the way of blemishes, a little around the corners, and a little around the top.  The cap collector piece is just dirty, the paint is still very nice under all the dirt.  Need to take pictures of CLEAN cooler, but have pictures of it as is.  It's a water cooler type that has Tennessee Furniture Company tag on the back.  Not Cavalier.  Flip top.  Wheels underneath.  30;s was the guess but not sure.  Serial number 7401.  ANy idea what it's worth or where to turn to find it a home before the building is sold and torn down.  THANKS for the help.  Rosvinia@yahoo.com 
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »

Please post photos!
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:32 pm »

I am sure that its worth saving.  As to how much and where to find a home for it well get those pics up and I am sure you will know pretty fast...  Even if the machine is dirty they can give you a ball park idea and peak more interest.  Sounds like you got a big chore ahead of you...  What else does this place got you need to get rid of???

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
IrwinPaMom

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:52 pm »

Hopefully this will post, having a difficult time posting the pictures.  They are VERY dirty, but the paint under the dirt is really very nice for the age.
IrwinPaMom

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56:23 pm »

More pictures
IrwinPaMom

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 01:36:00 pm »

There is a TON left to do in the two buildings.  It was a distillery in one building with four floors, and then the other building was a general store and a bar with apartments.  We have a lot to do, but of the Coke things there is the cooler, some tin signs, and a thermometer that says December 25 1923. 
IrwinPaMom

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 10:50:47 am »

Thanks so much for those that contacted me about the cooler.  You really helped send me in the right direction.  The cooler was never used.  I didn't realize that until I looked inside and started cleaning it up.  It was bought for a store that never had the room to use it and there it sat being covered for decades by coat dust and dirt.  It's headed to a gentleman who will make sure she is running before she heads to a museum.  He made a donation to charity--the cooler was saved and will be appreciated.  WIN -WIN.  Thanks so much for all the help!!
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 08:44:51 pm »

Wow, very cool machine.  No pun intended.  What kind of machine is it??  Who made it and all I mean?

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: