SMC Discussion Areas
May 29, 2024, 03:50:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy, with questions on my first older machine, a LaCrosse  (Read 4274 times)
Fallguy

« on: June 24, 2011, 08:37:24 pm »

Hello. I'm Kind of new to these, but I have been interested in the pop machines for a while. I picked up My first older machine a couple of weeks back and I am having a hard time finding any info on it. I was hoping you all could help. All I know is that it is a LaCrosse. Judging by the model #, I am guessing that it holds 168 cans of pop. I would like to know a rough estimate on age. All I can guess is late 70s, to early 80s. It is about 90% complete, vends, cools well, and takes most coins. It has a CoinCo S75-9800B changer, and I am having issues with taking coins 100 % of the time. Never takes dimes. I hear (through lurking) Johnie is the one to talk to about that.  It is missing the vend door flap, and a pressure plate for one of the can slots. I have a picture of that. I am halfway decent with metal, so I am just going to make those parts myself. I may need to take apart some of the electrical as the out of selection lights work only intermittently. as far as it's history, I know nothing. It looks like a brush paint job (under some mud), with no indications as to whether it was Coke, Pepsi, Etc. I think I am going to paint it in my local hockey team's colors, and try to get them to sign it. After looking at the pics, and figuring out what it is, I would like any advice on what I should look for in problem areas, and maybe some tips on fixing it up. Thank you for taking the time to read my novel. To those that made it this far, please enjoy some pictures.

Fallguy

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:48:26 am by Fallguy » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 11:48:40 pm »

If you can, pull off the top part of the coin mechanism and run it through the dishwasher, pull up the two tabs on the top and pull the top towards you, should pop right off.  Might help with the dime issue.

What's the local hockey team, anyone good?

Fallguy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 12:01:49 am »

I don't have a dishwasher. Will a warm soapy "slosh" followed by a rinse do ok? Is this an issue of getting dirt packed, and just in need of a cleaning? Is there some special passage that I need to keep an eye on? I cannot quite follow the coins. They go fast..

The local team is the Rapid City Rush, from Rapid City, S.D., in the CHL. Won the cup in 09-10 season, and placed 3rd? this year. We do ok. This was only the 3rd year for the team. Not sponsored by any higher level teams.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 09:49:42 am »

Yep, warm soapy water will work just fine, make sure its dry before you put it back in though.

Fallguy

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:16:06 pm »

Ok, I washed out the acceptor real good, and it is having the same problem. While out of the changer, the quarters, and the nickels will pass through the correct paths. The dimes just drop straight down. If I tilt the acceptor to a 45 degree angle, top away from me looking at front, and slowly insert a dime, it will take the correct path.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:48:13 pm »

I'll guess you are missing a component in the slug rejector. Post close up pics of front and back and should be able to sort the issue.
Had a grand time in Rapid City, SD 30 yrs ago. Interesting place...
Creighton
Fallguy

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:38:51 am »

Here are four pictures. The third is of the front, and the pen is showing where I believe something is missing. This is just from the few pictures I could find on the net. I do not know what it could be. From reading, the nickles and dimes use the same CREM? So that would be on the top end. Correct? Something is also missing/broken on the back. This is the fourth picture.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:00:14 am »

You are definately missing some dime components. The dime cradle and cradle post are supposed to be where your pen is pointing in the 3rd pic. Don't have that model rejector handy to tell for sure if anything is missing on the back - doesn't look like it, but not a rejector I mess with often.
Without the dime cradle and post, dime won't make it through. Best to just find a working rejector or forsake the dimes.

Oh and welcome!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Fallguy

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:35 am »

Thanks for the help and welcome. I will have to save up for a new acceptor.. .I kind of like dimes. tounge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: