SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:17:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slider cooling question  (Read 2323 times)
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:14 pm »

I have an ideal slider, new compressor, insulation etc, but it is not cooling the inside of the box below 45 degrees.  I thought it could be a bad thermostat, so bypassed that let it run continuously and no change.  The t-stat is cycling on and off, the sides are getting cold, just not cold enough, the only thing I can think is I went a little light on the insulation.  I spoke with Eric and we both came to the same conclusion that the cooling system is working correctly, so just trying to narrow it down.  Any ideas? Tks.  M 

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 06:51:30 pm »

does it have an evap fan to circulate the air inside the box Ive never seen how a slider cools but I would figure it had one, if iit does make shure the fans speed and direction of rotation are correct. just a thought. i guess you could wrap the outside of the cooler with insolation to see if it would get cooler and retain the cold air then you would know if its a lack of insolation.

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09:15 pm »

No fan. I am gonna repack it tomorrow and see if that makes a difference

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:15 pm »

If you're slider's insulation is lacking, the first clue will be excessive condensation/sweating on the outside surfaces front, sides & back, if fact it will point out the spots that are lacking, but if the inside isn't getting cold enough, then it may be possible that the evaporator coils that are supposed to be attached to the inside tank walls of the bottle vending area may have become detached from the tank, this is common with earlier tanks that used pitch (tar) to adhere the coils to the tank.

to see if you tanks inner tubing (evaporator coil) is detached on a particular wall, get the box down to as cold as it will go, & then ( crazy enough) put a bowl of hot/steamy water & observe where it sweats, if it "dry" on any section of the inside tank, that's where it would be detached...

Or it is also possible that during the rebuilding of the unit that you introduced  small slow leak & your system is low on freon

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:30:18 am »

I think I solved it, it was slightly overcharged with freon.  thanks for everyone's help

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: