SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 11:16:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal Slider 55 Pepsi color  (Read 4178 times)
hunter

« on: May 08, 2011, 11:23:39 am »

Does anyone know the right color for the Ideal slider 55 Pepsi cooler. I have some Dupont numbers but I do not know which one is right. 7621...........95605...............96581.........If anyone has a cross reference # for another brand that would help also as i do not think anyone in my area sells Dupont.

Thanks
Steve
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »

Pepsi is the same as Coke. there have been so many shades of blue used there is no way to really say which is correct because multiple of them are correct. From what I have seen the earlier the age the darker the blue but even late 50's or early 60s ideal 55 pepsi sliders were a baby blue. We all just pick the shade that we like the best and go for it. Even if it is way off no one will ever be able to go up to a single machine and say that the color is not right. Look at a few restored ideal 55's and choose a color chip that is close. Even if someone gives you a number there is no way to say if it is the correct color for your cooler. Just my two cents. Someone else may correct me. I know this is absolutely true for Coke red.

josh
hunter

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »

Glad you said that as I was getting more and more inclined to just pick out a color also that I liked as well. I do like the darker shade of the blue myself.

Thanks
Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: