SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 02:05:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got a Cavalier 72 and I am new this is my first machine Please Help  (Read 2511 times)
srmonte
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:02 pm »

Hello everyone,

My name is Shaun and I have just purchased my first machine a Cavalier 72 CS-72-A. I am really excited and I am planning to restore it. I do not know where to get the parts and decals paint codes manuals ect.. Is there a good place for me to start like some of the books I have seen on ebay about restoration and parts suppliers ect? I want to make sure I buy all the right parts no cheapo parts/decals. I bought the machine for 450.00 and need to replace the power cord cause the previous owners dogs chewed it up ( he did include a new one from soda jerks). He did say that the machine worked though. Is 450.00 a good price for this machine. It did not have any real body damage or rust. I have been collecting and restoring pinball machines and arcades for a while now and I have always wanted one of these round top coke machines for my game room to go next to my Jukebox. If any of you are RGP regulars then it is good to move into another really cool hobby. Any help pointing me in the right directions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and I really look forward to learning a lot about these beautiful machines.

Shaun Monteer
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:08:21 pm »

Call Rod and Janet at Fun-Tronics.. they advertise here on the home page... They have a great website and can
get you anything you need for the machine.. great machine - great price!... Where's the pictures?!!!? smile

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »

welcome SRMONTY to the wonderful world of machines!!!!
Good luck with your first, and I can almost guarantee you it will NOT be your last! lol

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:27:48 pm »

Welcome aboard, Cavalier's are great machine very well built, I have USS-96 and I been very happy with it.  Like you I got a pin as well I have  a Williams Laser Cue, not the most popular game  in the world but I love shooting pool and it has a  pool theme. I had to rewire most of it, but it was fun. My latest machine is a 1996 Police Trainer  ... more or less got it for my  kid  it's his favorite  and is going to school to be for law enforcement , so when he moves out it's his to take

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 02:47:44 pm »

Good luck with it...

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
ciawarrior
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:12 pm »

show a picture when you can
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: