SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 12:18:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know where you can rent a pickup for towing or truck with no mileage fees  (Read 3101 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

Gang,

I need to rent a truck with a hitch or one where they don't charge you mileage fees!! Anyone know a company that will rent such a truck? Most want to charge XX per day plus mileage, which breaks the bank $$$$. Let me know if you know of a company.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:31 pm »

What about U Haul or or Rider yeah it may cost but they are all going to get you. Oo
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 06:44:01 am »

Did you check Penske?

http://www.pensketruckrental.com/moving-truck-rental/

It says they have unlimited free mileage on one-way rentals but not sure about local.  That may be different.

drinking Tim drinking
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:49:40 am »

Thanks guys. Believe it or not, the best deal was Enterprise. Unlimited miles, $79 a day for a F-250 truck. I will go with that.

Brian  happydrinkers
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:32:03 pm »

Thats a good deal. I wa sgoing to say you should go with a Penski box truck and then you dont need to pull a trailer unless your hauling a car but their trucks have hitches on them too. They even have trucks with lift gates instead of a ramp if you need it. I checked all of the truck rental places for a one way move using a 27' box truck and penski was by far the cheapest.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:50:49 pm »

if you have a vehicle of your own, I think the best bet would be to install a hitch (2-300 bucks) then rent the trailer from U-Haul for $20 a day for a 5x8 or $30 a day for a larger one.
THis way, you have a hitch of your own for whenever you need it.  It may cost more upfront, but doing multiple things over the life of your vehicle, it is WAY cheaper.  (ie 2day Enterprise for a pick up would be 160... in the end you have no truck and out 160)
You could also tell the wife that you now have a hitch to pull a trailer for some yard work! lol

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: