SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:41:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing coke cans  (Read 3737 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: January 13, 2011, 01:09:17 am »

Anyone know where I could find one of those dancing coke cans? I always thought they were kind of neat but have not been able to find any for a long time.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:20:11 am »

Wow, I haven't seen those in years

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »

I see those on E-Bay every now and then.  I have also seen them on CL from time to time.  Just need to keep an eye out!

drinking Tim drinking
SSmoothie
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »

I have 2 of them one in mint shape and the other a little sun faded. Not for sale thought but keep an eye out on ebay. Mine are in working order.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:09:31 pm by SSmoothie » Logged

Vendo 44
Firestone Refer (sold)
Westinghouse Master (sold)
Westinghouse Standard (sold)
Westinghouse Junior
Westinghouse Half Junior
2 Dole Super Dispensers
Coke Cooler
Some Signage
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »

I went to an antique store today to look around and I came accross two of them. One diet coke and one coke. The coke one has the sun glasses and headphones but the diet coke one does not. Both work too. Going to mess around with them tonight and I do have to fix the coke one because the battery terminals did not reach the batteries so I tried to bend it out and snapped one off but I can fix it.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:00 am »

Got the two going today (the sun glasses one was a birthday present so I did not get it untill today) and I love them. For some reason they are just really fun and the diet coke one could be used to mess with people too. It looks like a real dented diet coke can and I bet I could put it on a shelf with my other cans and catch people off guard when the one starts moving. I would post a video but youtube is being stupid and it won't work.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 12:43:38 am »

First off Happy Birthday!! Glad you got them working.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:44:24 am »

First off Happy Birthday!! Glad you got them working.
Creighton

Thanks! They are pretty fun.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:18:37 am »

I used to have the dancing Coke bottle. Looked EXACTLY like the 6 1/2 oz style. I had it displayed between several real full bottles on top of a Coke machine in my store.
When people would come in, as we were talking a certain voice tone would activate it momentarily.
      Out of the corner of their eye they would catch the movement! "I think I just saw that bottle move"   I'd say "what? I don't believe you"   tounge  It was a lot of fun and then when the little kids would clap their hands the bottle would dance and they went nuts!   biggrin

Glen
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:48:50 am »

I used to have the dancing Coke bottle. Looked EXACTLY like the 6 1/2 oz style. I had it displayed between several real full bottles on top of a Coke machine in my store.
When people would come in, as we were talking a certain voice tone would activate it momentarily.
      Out of the corner of their eye they would catch the movement! "I think I just saw that bottle move"   I'd say "what? I don't believe you"   tounge  It was a lot of fun and then when the little kids would clap their hands the bottle would dance and they went nuts!   biggrin

biggrin that is funny!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: