SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 06:33:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Vendors 10-C candy machine  (Read 5213 times)
flippa
25 Cent Member

« on: December 28, 2010, 11:41:03 am »

Ias bidding on an auction for one of these candy machines from National Vendors.  THis was the first one I have seen that was reasonably close.  I backed out when the auction got over $100 as it looks like it needs a bunch of work.  I think someone was driving the price up at the end.

Does anyone out here have one of these?  How much are they worth in decent condition? 
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 11:44:09 am »

I've had some similar shaped Stoners offered at $50 each. I don't remember how many pulls on the machines though.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:10 pm »

You should be able to pick these up for around $100-$200... Heavy.... but set close to the wall.... cool machines.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:09:19 pm »

About a year ago, there was a guy here in Michigan who had about 20 National 9, 11 and 13 pulls in Candy and Cigarette of different vintages.  He wanted 600 and change for the lot but would not sell individually.  I needed a base for an older 9 pull cigarette and after several calls and visits was finally able to convince him to sell me a base.  Unfortunately, I believe the rest went to the scrap man because he would not deal one machine at a time.

From what I have been told by an old timer in the vending biz (not sure if it is true), National kept the parts consistent through the years so many parts are interchangeable from model to model.  Those machines are fairly plentiful in Michigan but I would not pay more than $100 for one.  As someone already pointed out--HEAVY.  Plus, if you put any amount of money into the restoration you will have more in the machine that you will ever get out of it.  If buying for your use that is a different story but don't look to flip one of those for a huge profit.  I guess in time those could become more desireable .  .  .  . you never know.

drinking Tim drinking
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:29:46 pm »

This one was close by & only listed at $24.95 when I bid on it last night.  The auction ended at $127.50, which I felt was too much money for what it is.  I was hoping that I could have gotten it for under $50.  I was willing to go up to $80, but ended up getting caught up in the "thrill of the chase" at the last minute of bidding & went over my cap.  Guess I am glad that I was outbid. 

They stated in the ebay listing that it was down in a basement, so bring a dolly & a friend.  That was my first indication that it would have been a project before even seeing the machine.  Thank God both my workshop & basement at home are essentially walk-in; I don't know how people wressle some of this stuff down into their basements.

I was looking for one for my game room, not to flip.  I have been looking for a candy machine for a while now to ad to the collection.  I agree Tim, for the time & effort that goes in to fixing any of these machines, I don't know if it is possible to flip any of these for huge profit. 
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 07:16:58 am »

I would have gladly grabbed that at $127.00.

With a new coat of paint and some bright decals I think they look great.
There are other models that are more pleasing to they eye but done up nicely
even the bigger machines can look great.

Happy hunting....

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: