SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 10:30:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Safe Halloween!!  (Read 3519 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: October 31, 2010, 11:45:16 pm »

Hope all you guys had a great Halloween.
We went to a neighborhood north of us with some friends and had a great time. Lots of cul-de-sacs where families set up tables of candy, one had the sports games on a projection screen in front of his garage door with big spead of chips and dips set out. A guy dressed as the headless horseman rode by us on his horse a few times.
Very fun...kids had a great time...and so did we.
Hope everyone stayed safe!!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:29:21 pm »

We work with the neighbors and had the pumpkin grave yard set up (3 light up /blow up pumpkins and 5 small pumpkins  ) and some head stone and rope lights for the fence ,from neighbors garage down to the side walk and down the side walk  up to my garage, there was a popcorn machine going   and bowls of soup or chili and  bottles of water  or soda  for some of the parents who needed a little something to get warmed up. drinking shots of hot damn .
It was fun we have doing this five years now and we add something new every year .
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:45:03 pm »

We decorated the yard up with a bunch of stuff we have been getting every year. We also built a sort of animatronic person this year. I designed and built the mechanical parts inside of it and my brother built the frame and arms. Thing is made from a car window motor and some wood and PVC with a styrofoam head. Worked out pretty good for just throwing it together a few days before. Only major problems we had were luckely right after we set it up where the dowels holding the links together snapped and the sliding bar kept hitting the center pole but I got it all sorted out and the only problem we had after that was the breaker inside the model train transformer we used kept tripping but all we had to do was have two on hand so that when one tripped we just kept switching them out. I had to put the husker hat on it beause it had a pretty scary looking face and we thought it would scare the little kids too much.  Here is a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgJso3kAHg
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »

Thats some great engineering inside that guy. Cool idea!

This is my first halloween as the stepdad of my 9 year old. It was a lot of fun. We got together with my sister and nephew at a nice neighborhood near where I grew up that is really popular since we both live out in the sticks. There were kids everywhere! Everyone got together in a big block party and the police and fire department blocked off most of the roads in the neighborhood to stop traffic so all of the kids could go house to house safely. It was a great time.

It has been scary at first being a dad all of a sudden to a 9 year old but now i wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Today we were working on a V39 I am building and AJ is starting to be a great helper.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »

Thats some great engineering inside that guy. Cool idea!

Thank you! I hope to next year possibly work some air cylinders into it to get some more movement. Proboly would have helped to start building it earlier than a week before too. lol!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:54:35 am »

Very cool prop!!

A lot of stuff.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:17:35 pm »

Very cool prop!!

Thanks!
Cokemachinesandmore