SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 01:37:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Quick Response.. ---COKE SIGN for $250  (Read 5568 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »

Looks good!.. that is a good deal..
wow 17,, how did you get hooked in that early, when I was 17  I was loading Coke Trucks at my Grandfathers Bottling plant..
never thought I'd collect the stuff.
Congrats!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:42:50 pm »

Did your Dad collect when you were growing up? I am 28 myself and started restoring machines when I was 20. I grew up doing this with my dad so it is in my blood. jnapp18 where are you located?
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 08:55:05 am »

Did your Dad collect when you were growing up?

No, he did not really, he kept a few things aroudn the house, but not a collector by any means.. wish he was, as my father was the one who threw away most of the "old Stuff" out of the plant when new Coke Advertising campaigns would come around, He recalls in the 60's haveing to go through the plant with his cousins to "Clean Out" the advertising room, to make room for the new stuff... he recalls taking quote a bit of stuff, old signs that you had to bend and break so they could not be used any longer and then brought them to the dump, along with machines and tons of old bottles. oh well,, what do you do..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
jnapp18
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 10:55:00 am »

nope.. my dad could care less about coca-cola. this message is going to be much longer than i planned.. I was always interested in coca-cola thing, I was volunteering at a sale where i saw a basket of coca-cola things. I bought it, only later to find out it was all repo. this is what started everything.. then i visited my uncle in kentucky and got to see his vendo 81. i got more and more interested and finally started a collection myself.
im located in Rochester NY.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: