SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:32:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got a Nice VMC 33 and got a nice surprise.  (Read 3928 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:27 pm »

Well I went and got a nice VMC 33 that had a porcelain 7up sign on it. I thought it may be embossed but was prepared for it to be generic. Well I was really happy when I took the sign off! Check it out!

It says in Walters book that it is possible to get these to vend cans with some work. I don't see how that is possible??? Anyone know anything about that? I would go nuts with happiness if this vended cans but I have no idea how it would be possible.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:38:39 pm by loman4ec » Logged
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »

Sorry for the picture being sideways. It is not like that on my computer but for some reason it keeps posting that way. Here is the sign that came off of it. It is a nice porcelain 7up sign. Anyone need one? What are these signs worth?

Also what is a Pepsi VMC 33 worth? I am trying to decide if it is best to restore and sell or flip it As Is? I bought it for myself but I didn't realize that they were small bottles only??
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:04:13 pm »

Great find, Josh!  That's on my list of machines to get, just haven't found one close enough that the owner didn't think was made of gold!  Not sure on the can vending part...

That's a nice sign as well.  Not sure on value, but I would think under $100.  Looks a lot like the porcelain one that was on that S-47 that was posted a couple years ago.

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 09:30:29 am »

Gotta love suprises like that..
I bought a Ideal 55 slider a few years back, had a 7up sign like yours on front, underneath was a Squirt embossed slider!
Not sure on the can conversion..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 09:33:54 am »

I was just playing around this morning and got out a can of blue spray paint. Its amazing what 10 minutes and a spray can does to the look of a machine.  biggrin

What is the best way to fill the sign holes? Is welding the only good way? Can it be closed with fiberglass? Also one hole is close to and basically touching the side of the embossing. I thought fiberglass would be easer to work with.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:48:34 am by loman4ec » Logged
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:13:43 am »

I bought a nice clean original in November for $700
there was also one on eBay that ended last night I think for around $650

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:36:14 am »

Josh,

Great looking machine and a great find.  For those holes it might be easier work with auto body filler or JB weld.  Not sure you want to have the heat of welding that close to the embossing.  I have also seen a body solder product in the Eastwood catalog that looks like it would work well for filling small holes and those pesky creases caused by loading a machine into a van with no padding on the door latch!

http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/leading-body-solder.html

drinking Tim drinking
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

For the larger holes you can use the Bondo with fiberglass in it, the threads give a little more support on the holes.  If you can get to the back of it, you can use small metal pieces held on with that body solder Tim was talking about, then throw a coat of normal Bondo on it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 10:53:18 am by tkaz » Logged

Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:27:27 am »

Holy crap! Now you can sell it on ebay as restored for $10,000 laugh

I seen that on craigs and was gonna go for it. Nice catch there

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: