SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 05:21:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The simple things  (Read 3322 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: March 30, 2010, 09:58:44 pm »

Today my roommate tried to get a drink out of the last selection on my machine but informed me that it was not working. So I opened it up thinking it is either a switch or a wiring problem and I swap out the switch with the selection next to it that works. Same thing. So I switch it back and then I start to look at the wires and as I am looking at the wired wondering where to begin I look at the sold out light and though to my self "I wonder if..." Sure enough I turned the bulb and the sold out light turned on. I had forgotten that a while ago I loosened the bulb because I did not want that light to be on all night and I never filled it or turned it back on.  darn It is always the simple things  laugh
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 10:00:57 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:54 pm »

Well it's time to restock that thing and sell , Sell SELL  biggrin
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:28:25 am »

Easy fixes are my favorite fixes!  biggrin

Brian
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:50:48 am »

Easy fixes are my favorite fixes!  biggrin
They really are the best.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:59:27 am »

Its funny how you forget the simple things like that, kind of makes you mad depending on the amount of effort to fix something.  My 'simple things' moment of choice:  I had just gotten done rebuilding a lawn tractor engine, got it all back together, took lots of time checking everything out, and got it running on the mower.  Drove a few laps around the yard, got to the front and it died on me.  Went and grabbed a bunch of wrenches, pulled off the hood, started pulling apart the engine and carb.  About 10m in, I thought to myself...maybe its out of gas?  Sure enough, out of gas.  Filled it up, put it all back together, been running great since. darn

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:08:47 am »

lol! I had another moment like this where I bought a western electric phone that would not dial out. So thinking to my self it must be the keypad so I transplanted it with another one I had still nothing, then I switched it back and the phone then would not work at all so after a few hours of trying wires, taking appart two phones and breaking one I finally unscrewed all the wires and got the schematics and re attached everything. Then a few days later I found out that if the red and green wire on the jack are switched it will not dial out.  darn
GvtProprty

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:22:09 pm »

My wife still gives me grief to this day about my "simple things" story. As young newlyweds some 16 years ago, I came home to find the dryer not working one day. I promptly took the back cover off the dryer and poked around, nothing. Took the outlet apart and poked around, nothing. My wife is watching all of this with growing dismay and calls an electrician. When he arrives I begin telling him what I've done so far, he walks right past me to the fuse box, replaces the fuse, hands me a bill and walks out without saying a word. I have rarely been so embarrassed. Even now when I go to repair something (now with 16 years of Coast Guard engineering experience and a degree behind me) she will always ask two things: 1) Is it a fuse? 2) Do you know what you're doing? Gotta love her!  laugh

Cavalier CSS-64FS
Cornelius Compact 50
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 12:13:57 am »

lol! That is pretty funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: